Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Strange Green Distortion on LCD screen

I have an NS-LCD42HD, bought at Best Buy about 18 months ago.  Two days ago strange green distortion areas began showing up in some areas of the screen. Often in darker areas. Appears to be some sort of electrical distortion.  Signal coming into the TV via HDMI cable is from a HD Verizon FIOS box. Verizon FIOS signal on another Insignia TV in aother room isn't experiencing the same issues. I've checked the issue by running a DVD on the TV, with the same issue.  I've reset the machine to the default settings.

Any input would be appreciated.

Visitor

Re: Strange Green Distortion on LCD screen

I also have this same NS-LCD42HD TV with a similar problem.  My problem seems to fade away after about 5-15 minutes of having the TV on.  Green and purple distortion as you described.  Also same as you the problem is the same with TV, DVD and game system. 

Any ideas what would casue this?  Or how to fix it?

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Strange Green Distortion on LCD screen

No resolution, prior to taking it in to Geek Squad.  They determined it was not fixable, at least not at a price less than the original price of the TV so they called it a 'loss' and credited me the entire sales price.  I used that to replace the TV.

The Geek Squad techs I spoke to hadn't seen the issue prior to seeing my TV in the store during the intake exam of the device, and the salesman also said he hadn't seen that same issue at all on that brand TV.  They discontinued that line of Insignia TVs, too.