Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

NS-LCD47HD "Normal" picture/aspect ratio not matching the source's setting...???

After reading several threads on this board and the FAQs, I am under the impression that “Normal picture setting selects the aspect ratio that matches the source aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9)”

However, when I set my NS-LCD47 video setting to “Normal” it maintains 4:3 aspect ratio. I have checked, confirmed, and verified that my HD cable box (source) and DVD player (HD up-scale 1080i) is set to an aspect setting of 16:9 and 1080i, and I do have HD service. 

My last LCD TV had no problems in “Normal” mode mirroring the source aspect ratio and picture settings of both cable box and DVD player without the need to go to wide, zoom, or cinema mode. 

I am connected to the cable box with RGB composite cable and to the DVD player with HDMI cable. 

I Did not have a problem with either type cable and previous LCD TV.  

So… why must I have to set the NS-LCD47 video setting to “Wide” (and not Normal) to match the aspect ratio of the HD cable box and DVD player? 

Thank you,

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS-LCD47HD "Normal" picture/aspect ratio not matching the source's setting...???

Well, as it turns out, I went and got a "next generation" that has HDMI connections (rather than component only)HD cable box from my cable company, and when I set the cable box aspect ratio to 1080i, the NS-LCD47 does mimic the 1080i aspect ratio in "Normal" setting.

So, I don't know if it is the newer cable box or the HDMI connection that has the NS-LCD47 recognizing the source aspect ratio.

Thanks,
AC