Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: Insignia TV Remote Control Codes – Official Thread

I have a model NS-L19Q-10A hooked up to AT&T U-verse. I have tried all of the remote codes on the web site and in the U-verse set up guide. Can you tell me where to find the code for the U-verse remote. The U-verse box is manufactured by Motorola.
Visitor

Odd that it has been 5 days and the only replies are form other users screwed by proprietary remote encoding.  I am ready to buy a replacement...if Insignia even reads these posts...
Topics: 73
Kudos: 34
Blog Posts: 10
Solutions: 114

I want to thank everyone for their patience.  We are working with the product engineers for your remote code solutions.  If you have posted your model of both TV and remote, please know that I have forwarded that information and I am waiting on a response.

Until then..

• Please attempt an auto scan if your remote supports that function.
  • Try any codes listed on your TV's support page for similar remotes.

@DarkOrion69 Have you tried the auto scan feature on your remote?  Also, just want to confirm you have tried code 135?  It is the documented code for a few RCA remotes for that TV.

I will let everyone as soon as we have additional remote code solutions.

Message Edited by Jacob-INSG on 07-09-2009 03:52 PM
Jacob|Web Planner | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

I have tried auto-scan and multiple remote codes.  All I can get is extremely limited remote functionality.  What I do not understand is that when I offer to order a remote instead of troubling technicians...I am not given a way to replace the remote.  Kinda strange to buy a $750 television and not be able to purchase a replacement remote.  That soultion would be cheaper for Insignia than wasting a (highly paid I hope) technicians time and more expedient for customers.  I am certainly not opposed to paying a little money to make up for Best Buy's inability to keep track of proprietary remotes.
Visitor

If you paid attention the magority of the posts, people are using other remotes with their TVs...you seem to be the only one who wants to buy a remote...so let them work away at finding everyone elses solution and you can go to the store and buy a remote that will use our codes as your replacement. Would likely be the same cost anyway.
Visitor

Unable to locate code for Dish Network remote 3.2 IR.  I have Insignia tv model NS-L19Q-10A.  I have tried device code 720 which is listed for the other Dish Network remotes listed on your website and Dish Network's website.  I have also done the device code scan multiple times without success.  Please help!

Welcome to Community@Insignia rjjbgriebel!

I will be happy to assist in getting you your remote code.  Please let me know which dish receiver you have.

Thank you,

Visitor

I have read and paid attention to every post in this thread.  I know (and somewhat understand) that people who already purchased a universal remote (like me) want a free fix at the expense of Insignia.  I think it is a little entitled (even rude)  to expect Insignia to solve our problem for free.  I also read the owners manual and there is no provision requiring Insignia to do anything at all to support various universal remotes.  Perhaps if we offer Insignia compensation monetarliy, they will be far better motivated to assist us in a timely fashion.  I know it is not fair, but money talks and (choosing a polite word here) whining walks Smiley Sad
Visitor

Receiver is style 311.  Thanks

@DarkOrion69 You can order the original remote here.  Thanks for your patience.