Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Blue Vertical Line on Screen - INSIGNIA NS-55DR620NA18 (4K) 60HZ LED

I've had my tv since October 2017 (about a year and a half). Today, all of sudden, there is a thin blue vertical line going down the length of the screen just off center. What would have caused this? And how can I get rid of it? I tried turning off the power to the tv and restarting. I also accessed my Firestick to see if the blue line shows on that. It does. I don't have cable, so it's not from a cable box. I only have an antenna attached.

Just concerned that my new viewing experience after only 1.5 yrs consists of a blue vertical line.

Also, would my tv still be under warranty, or does the standard warranty only last a year? Thanks.

Re: Blue Vertical Line on Screen - INSIGNIA NS-55DR620NA18 (4K) 60HZ LED

Update: I called Best Buy today. The manufactor's warranty is only 1 year (I guessed that would be the case), so I'm just out of the warranty period. The customer service rep told me that the blue line won't go away. The Geek Squad could come to my house to repair it, but that would cost $100 for the diagnostic, $100 at a minimum for labor, and then parts costs on top of that. She proceeded to tell me that I could buy a new 55" LED TV for $329, so it really wouldn't be worth getting it repaired. 

I had an LG plasma tv for a decade which worked perfectly. This is my first TV since that TV. I would not recommend Insignia unless you want a tv that lasts just over a year.