Add Product

Search Results:

Toshiba 55". 55l621u

I purchased a Toshiba 55" 4k " Christmas Special " two years ago. Biggest mistake ever! After the first year, the TV would turn on, then off, then on randomly. I could deal with that, knowing Toshiba only offers a one year warranty on their product and, of course, it started to have problems right after that. We'll, here I am 2 years later and the TV is now junk. The splash screen boots up, the red light blinks, then the screen goes black. Several calls to Toshiba and they want to send their tech out to fix it and charge me an arm and a leg. So I'm posting this as a buyer beware warning. Unfortunately, if you're on this forum like me, you've probably already made the mistake of purchasing one of these great deals from Best Buy. I'm disappointed that Best Buy would sell a product by the masses that has so many problems as this Toshiba. My experience is this: if you buy anything electronic from Best Buy, you might as well figure in the cost of geek squad protection, cuz you're gonna need it. That purchase may not be such a great deal with all the costs involved and the time the TV is out of commission being fixed. It's sad that a large purchase for your home is only good for a year without added costs. Stay away, far, far away from Toshiba...
Highlighted

Re: Toshiba 55". 55l621u

We are in the EXACT same position as Taser2240. We purchased a Best Buy Christmas Special 2 years ago. We had to exchange the first one we brought home because of lines on the screen. At first, the second TV would go off randomly and infrequently. As of yesterday, after unplugging the power supply and ensuring the TV is plugged directly into the wall socket (no extension cord or power bar), the red light will blink and the splash screen will come on momentarily and then everything goes off. The TV will not turn on. I called Toshiba and was advised to take it to Geek Squad. 

Re: Toshiba 55". 55l621u

Yup, we have exactly the same problem 2 1/2 years after buying this junk. Turn in the TV, splash screen comes up, light blinks 9 times then it powered off. We’ve tried everything but now we have no choice but to look for a new TV and try to offload this piece of rubbish somehow. I’ve read that it may be possible to fix by replacing the power board, but I’m not going to spend even more money buying parts that may or may not fix the problem.