Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

any way to disable HDMI audio on the NS-BDLIVE01?

I have the NS-BDLIVE01 blue-ray player and have it connected to a LCD TV via a HDMI cable for video. For audio, I am using the analog 2 channel RCA output to a 2.1 speaker system. However, the audio is still coming out of the TV speakers because the HDMI is still carrying the audio signal. Is there any way to disable the HDMI audio from the player so that the TV doesn't also output the sounds? I only want the sounds to come out of my 2.1 speaker system. The workarounds are to mute the TV(my TV displays a persistent mute icon though) or to lower the TV volume to 0, but I'm looking for a better solution.

I have a Philips upconverting DVD player (DVP-5992) which has a HDMI output. This player has a setting to disable the HDMI audio output to handle my situation, but I see no such setting on the NS-BDLIVE01 (I've also upgraded to the latest June 2009 firmware).

Appreciate any responses. If there's no current way to disable the HDMI audio, I hope such a feature will be considered for a future firmware update.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: any way to disable HDMI audio on the NS-BDLIVE01?

Hi dscek,

Unfortunately it is not possible to disable the HDMI audio from the NS-BDLIVE01 itself; you will have to go with either workaround you mention.

We'll keep this in mind for future firmware updates. 

Regards,

Gonza

Highlighted
Visitor

dscek,

Does your TV have analog output that you can route to your 2.1 system?

Highlighted
Visitor

Can you force the HDMI audio on the player to something that the TV wont understand? Like a Dolby Bitstream that the TV can't decode?

Steve.

Message Edited by SteveEast on 08-28-2009 05:12 PM
Highlighted
Visitor

Are you sure  your tv doesn't have the option to turn the speakers off? My LCD TV does. I thought this option was pretty standard due to people who can only watch in CC. Also does your TV have a headphone jack? If so just plug in a mini headphone adapter in to the  jack , with no headphones attached . You can find such a plug at a  local Radio shack for only a few bucks

Message Edited by eyemale on 09-02-2009 12:24 PM
Message Edited by eyemale on 09-04-2009 11:46 PM