Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

NS B4113

Lost my AC power cord for this ipod/cd, weather-resistant boombox-- I have a power cord that fits that is rated as follows:

input: AC 120v/60hz

outpu: AC 6v/830mA

The cord seems to work -- is it oK to use it?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS B4113

I'm sure one of the mods will have the details but I would be very careful. Since the boombox takes 6 C cells, it's looking for a 9v supply. It *may* run on 6V but it will pull 50% more amps so is subject to overheating and failure.

Steve.

Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks steve -- I was afraid of overheating -- so, shoud I pick up a 9v out power cord from Radio Shack -- I can't seem to find a way to order a replacement  power cord from insignia/bestbuy -- maybe bestbuy has them? (i've never looked for one there)  jim
Highlighted
Visitor

I'm good to go -- got the needed power cord from local Best Buy -- it came with a variable voltage output (3v-12v) --was a little priicey at $18.99 but I guess that's the cost of being a dope and losing the power cord in the first place.
Highlighted
Visitor

Hey, I wish all my mistakes could be solved for $18.99!!

That must be a neat little unit - do you have a link to it?

Steve.

Highlighted
Visitor

I was lucky and found an economical solution.  I got the cord at my local Best Buy (Woodlawn, MD) and found it hanging around the boombox area of the store -- no link and I already tossed the hard plastic packaging.  Here's what I know from the cord/transformer: mfg: Jensen model # JEN600.  I did a search but got nothing useful back.  I could take a picture of it if you'd like.  Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Jim   
Highlighted
Visitor

'S'OK. I'll take a look next time I'm in BB.

Thanks,

Steve.