Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

NS-B3113 Boombox - no sound

I have a NS-B3113 boombox that was working fine for about 9 months that just suddenly stopped putting out any sound, either to the speakers or to the headphone jack. It was working fine yestereday, but when I tried playing my Ipod today, nothing. There is no sound on any radio station either, so the problem is definately with the boombox.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS-B3113 Boombox - no sound

My apologies for asking the obvious, but you've checked the following...

. The sound isn't muted

. The volume is turned up

. You've cycled through with the Function button to try all the inputs

You might also want to see if headphones work.

Steve.

Message Edited by SteveEast on 09-16-2009 08:54 PM
Highlighted
Visitor

The sound was not muted, I changed the volume, I tested both speakers and headphones, and tried several radio stations and my Ipod to no avail.  

However I took the battery out and took the device home, and when I tested it hours later, it was working. At least the damage was not permanent, except for the antenna breaking when I was trying to get the battery out.

I would like to know if there is some sort of reset on the boombox that might help if this problem happens again.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Visitor

Further note, after working fine with the radio all morning, I plugged in my Ipod (8gb touch gen 2) and poof no sound again. I tried unplugging the boombox and removing the Ipod, which did nothing, until I pulled the internal battery (note I'm referring to the CR-2025 battery used to keep the settings, not batteries to power the system, which I do not have).

I do now have the Ipod working. The one thing different I did when plugging it in this time was I turned the Ipod on first. Could plugging in the Ipod in when the Ipod is off cause the problem? If so I can work with it, but it is a strange problem.

Highlighted
Visitor

Pretty weird. I suppose you should try a fresh CR-2025. but it seems more likely the battery pull is clearing some sort of error condition.

As to whether it makes a difference whether the Ipod is on or off when you connect it, we'll probably only find that out when you've tried it a dozen or so times!

Steve.