Add Product

Search Results:

NS-50DR620NA18 comes on by itself

For the past couple of weeks we've noticed that this TV comes on by itself.  Just this morning alone, it came on 4 times between 3:30 and 8:00 AM.  The TV is just over 13 months old having been purchased on 6/22/2018.

I have changed the batteries in the remote.  I have blocked the IR receiver on the TV.  I have put the remote into a drawer.  I have made sure that the ROKU app on my tablet is closed (not just sleeping).  All to no avail.  It continues to come on by itself.  Any suggestions?  

TIA

Topics: 22
Kudos: 141
Solutions: 113

Re: NS-50DR620NA18 comes on by itself

Spooky! It looks like you're just outside the one-year manufacturer warranty period, but there are still a few steps you can try at home.

First, try power cycling the TV by unplugging it from its power source, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. As a last resort, you can also try to perform a factory reset through the on-screen settings menu.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

I am a former Best Buy employee. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Remember to Kudo a post if you like it, or Accept As Solution if it answers your query!

Sam, thanks for your response. I didn't mention that I had tried disconnecting the TV from its power source. That didn't do the trick either.

A few days ago I not only made sure that the Roku app was closed on my tablet but, I also shut the tablet down instead of just closing the cover and letting it sleep, as was my habit prior to this happening. Evidently, that seems to have done the trick. The TV hasn't come on by itself in days. It makes me wonder if a recent update to the Roku app doesn't allow it to completely shutdown, even though there doesn't seem to be any indication that it's running on my tablet.

I'm going to consider this a win for now. Thanks again for your response.
Highlighted
Topics: 22
Kudos: 141
Solutions: 113

Hmm, that's definitely not a solution I would've thought of, but I'm glad it worked for you! Hope it stays working well. Smiley Happy Cheers!

I am a former Best Buy employee. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Remember to Kudo a post if you like it, or Accept As Solution if it answers your query!