Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

NS-4V17 Stuck in "Good Bye" Mode

I've had an NS-4V17 for just over a year and it has been great.  But for some reason today it is stuck in the powering down mode with "Good Bye" on the screen.  It won't finish powering down and it won't power up.  I've tried hooking it up to the computer to see if that would start it -- to no avail.  I was going to try to remove the battery (like a hard reboot), but am unable to remove the back plate.  Unfortunately, the user's manual does not provide details on removing the back to get at the battery without damaging the device.  The battery door seems to be caught at the center top.  Does anyone know why the device is caught in this loop and how to correct it?  Or how to remove the back without damaging the case?  I'd greatly appreciate your help.
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS-4V17 Stuck in "Good Bye" Mode

Hold the power switch in the on position for about 20 seconds and it will hard reset the device.

Highlighted
Visitor

The battery cover will come off. There is a small rubber cover stuck on with glue that covers a screw to get the cover off. I have had my player for about three years and have never had an issue with it. The battery is to the point were it will not hold a charge as long which is normal for how old it is and I plan to find a replacement for it. Hope this helps you.
Highlighted
Visitor

No need to remove the battery. Holding the power switch on as digitaldel suggested will initiate a hard reset, which is equivalent to removing and replacing the battery.