Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

NS-2BRDVD: Separate digital output output (coaxal or optical) while using HDMI?

I'm setting up the NS-2BRDVD with my home theater. I'm using the HDMI connection to send video to the TV, and want to use the coaxal digital audio connection to output audio to my older 5.1 receiver, but I'm not receiving an audio signal, while the TV is getting audio fine.

Can the NS-2BRDVD send the audio via the digital audio ouputs while the video is connected via HDMI? I'm fine with audio being sent on both the HDMI and digital audio connections, but not solely on the HDMI. I have an upconverting Samsung DVD player that is able to manage this.

I notice the manual suggests that for HDMI in a home theater setup, to connect the HDMI from the NS-2BRDVD to the recevier and then from the receiver to the TV, but my receiver is older and doesn't have any HDMI connections.

TIA.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS-2BRDVD: Separate digital output output (coaxal or optical) while using HDMI?

I also have an older receiver.  You should be able to use the Optical Fiber or Digital Coax outputs and use those to connect the player to the receiver.  However, you will not be able to use the new DTS or Dolby Digital formats, so you will need to change the settings on your player to use the Legacy Bitstream format.