Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

MP3 Player

Seeing as how you guys have a new forums, I figure this would be the place to get the most official anwser to this question.

What happened to the Pilot, Sport, and Kix lines?

Was it just costing too much to keep them updated when so much of the market loves their Ipods(without all the features of the Pilot or Sport) or was there some other reason? More importantly, is there any chance(or plans) of those players, or any others coming down the pipe eventually?

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: MP3 Player

Great to see the unofficial Insignia forums visiting our new site,  and thanks for the post.  You are very astute in your observation, unfortunately our development team was unable to fund itself and hence we have been unable to continue firmware support for the products.  While we realize this is less than optimum, we believe as a supplier our Firmware was pretty stable, so hopefully our customers are still enjoying their players.

For the future we have no definite plans on new devices, however we have learned a tremendous amount from our previous endeavours and believe we could bring some interesting products to market.  What do you think we should do next?

Highlighted
Visitor

That's understandable, sad to hear though. It's better to shut it down completely than to put out rushed or poor products. If the money's not there, it's not there. Also, the firmware for the Pilot is great and didn't need much changed.

I don't really have any feasible ideas unfortunately. Although, with the growth of the netbook market and the number that are being sold with linux, you might be able to come out with a low price linux based netbook. But like I said, I don't really have any feasible ideas.

I'll be around from time to time.

-William

Highlighted
Visitor

I agree with Jax.

Also, there's been an (un)official thread in anythinbutipod with a list of bugs and improvements that could be made to the pilot to make it one of the best players in the market (it still was IMHO).

Here's the thread in case you want to check it for future products:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20646

Highlighted
Visitor

Nice!!! An official forum Smiley Happy.

My Pilot is definitely missed, if you were to release another MP3 player that was similar in features to the Pilot, I would have it in no time, granted it would have little more space and or no slow loading times for SDHC card Smiley Happy.

I wonder if Insignia MP3 players would do better if they weren't branded and sold as the "Best Buy's Cheap alternative to xx".  If it would be marketed/sold as it's own brand, Pilot's featuers and quality made it better then most of the players on the market. 

Highlighted
Visitor

i loved my mp3 from u guys wish i still had it..i love bass and the custom equalizer u guys had i was very satisfied with....wish there was more money to contiue them...the best mp3 i had to date Smiley Wink