Add Product

Search Results:

Insignia Smart Speaker Screen Displaying "nEt" indefinitely

After a WiFi signal interruption of any kind, my NS-CSPGASP2 Smart Speaker with the Google Assistant displays "nEt" on the display, even after it has re-established the connection. I have to reboot the device for it to show the clock again.

Here are the details of that device currently:

• System Firmware version: 318
  • Cast Firmware Version: 1.36.146299

This happens on both of my NS-CSPGASP2 devices, and note that it is just the screen that needs updated. After the connection is restored, it is able to repond properly to requests using the internet, even though the screen still says "nEt".

Hopefully someone at the product team at Insignia can respond, because this is a SW bug.

Best Buy Employee

Re: Insignia Smart Speaker Screen Displaying "nEt" indefinitely

Hi, @jsmartt1

Looks like you're doing everything right. I can also suggest doing a factory reset on the speaker by pressing the microphone button for 12 seconds as indicated on the User Guide.

For further support, please call Insignia at 1-877-467-4289 to have this addressed in real-time.

***Please be advised that while I am an employee of Best Buy, I am here on my own time just like yourself. I am here simply to offer insight and information from a regular employee point of view. My comments are my own and not representative of Best Buy Co., Inc. I AM NOT A FORUM MODERATOR; therefore, I cannot look in to order/account information. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you in order to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Re: Insignia Smart Speaker Screen Displaying "nEt" indefinitely

Thanks, but I'm not interrested in factory-resetting both of my devices and setting them up all over again. I'm also not sure how a phone call will help, but I may call if I have some time. This really just needs to be added to a product backlog and fixed in a future release of the FW.