11-06-2018 12:46 PM
We purchased a 75" Sony TV on 10/30/18 that was slated for delivery and installation on 11/1/18. During the install and wallmount, the technicians drilled through the wrong wall and left significant sized-hole on our wall next to the staircase. The technician informed us that Best Buy would be contacting us by no later than Monday, 11/5/18 for resolution.
It is now Tuesday, 11/6/18 and we have not heard anything from Best Buy. The store is located at: 5151 Mission Center Road, San Diego CA 92108.
Furthermore, we have tried contacting the following to no avail:
- Called Best Buy at Mission Valley numerous times. The first representative said we needed to contact the Geek Squad.
- Proceeded to call the Geek Squad and the representative Rebecca informed us that we needed to call the insurance company. When asked if she could provide details about the technicians, including their name, she hung up.
- Proceeded to call the insurance company and left a voicemail.
- Called Best Buy at Mission Valley multiple times and no one answered.
- Called the Geek Squad requesting assistance and the gentleman (Lee?) said he would transfer in a representative from Sedgwick. We were transferred twice to different people. The third representative hung up.
- Called Best Buy at Mission Valley once again and finally got a representative, who took down our information and said the Magnolia manager would return our call.
This is extremely frustrating and incredibly disappointing given that we spent $3k+ on the TV and installation and we continue to receive the runaround from multiple parties. This is unacceptable and I'm kindly requesting assistance for resolution and to identify next steps. We do not have a claim number, as no one from Best Buy, Geek Squad, or Sedgwick has stayed on the phone for longer than 30 seconds to inform us of the correct process and it seems that every party is deflecting the responsibility.
11-08-2018 11:36 AM
Although I wish your visit to our forums were under more fortunate circumstances, I do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. From what you’ve described, this is far from what we hope our customers will go through when trusting our Geek Squad to perform an installation in their home, and I regret the inconvenience this experience has undoubtedly caused you.
Going forward, you’ll want to connect with Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc regarding this matter. Sedgwick is the insurance company that underwrites Best Buy claims for property damage and personal injury that can occur during home deliveries or installations, and should be able to assist you in resolving this matter. If you haven’t done so already, I would recommend contacting Sedgwick at 1-800-620-7409 to begin filing a claim.