Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Disappointed that Best Buy is not honoring previously scheduled deliveries

I have usually had a positive experience with Best Buy, but its latest delivery/installation decisions around COVID-19 are baffling and are putting its customers further at risk.  Over the weekend, Best Buy sent out a note to its customers letting them know that, effective today (3/23/2020), they will no longer provide in home installation/removal of appliances and will leave new deliveries on the front porch.  Importantly, this also applies to previously scheduled deliveries.  I understand why they made this decision for new orders, but their decision not to honor previous delivery orders is baffling and puts its customers at risk.  We had a dryer we bought from Best Buy scheduled for delivery this week, and to leave a large box like that outside is like ringing the dinner bell for potential thieves.  Further, customers like me will need to scramble around to find outside installation companies that are willing to do the work, some may be less qualified than those at Best Buy who do this work with greater regularity.  This puts the homeowners at greater risk in case of shoddy, less experienced installation.  It seems that what Best Buy could have done is to implement the new COVID-19 policy for new orders only.  That way any customer who buys a product from this point forward would do so in full knowledge of the need to figure out how to get it installed.  However, for those customers who already have outstanding delivery orders, those orders should be honored since these products were purchased with that understanding, and charge.  For its employees, Best Buy could ask their installers who among them is still willing to in-home installations, make it an optional choice, and then pay them extra for that work.  This is not an unlimited service as there are only so many customers whose orders had previously been made.  This approach would seem to be more satisfactory and respectful to its customers and employees under the circumstances.  Don't know why the company would not have made that decision and are now leaving us in such a bad position.  Will think twice about buying Best Buy next time as a result.  

Highlighted

Appliance delivery problem

I ordered a gas dryer for delivery 3/14. Delivery between 7-9am. They did not show up or call. I called and was hung up on while on hold awaiting a status from a customer service rep. I called back and was told that it was damaged so they didn’t bring it. They said they couldn’t do anything right then because the status was “in transit”.

I called on Sunday and was on hold and given the option to be called back within 51 minutes. I got no call back. I went online to reschedule and it let me reschedule for Monday but afterward I noticed that it was just for the haul away. I called back and was told that it could not be delivered until Thursday because it was out of stock. I tried to reschedule the haul away for the same day but it would only let me schedule it for Friday so I called back and they made a note to do them at the same time but never officially changed the haul away appointment and at that point I didn’t care because i just wanted the dryer.

Thursday came and I got a call that the delivery truck had broken down and that they couldn’t bring it until Saturday. Thursday i received an email and a call that my appointment for Friday was between 830-1030am. Then I received emails that both the delivery and haul away were scheduled for Friday between 12-6pm. Then I got an email that the delivery needed to be rescheduled. I went online and the soonest delivery in now April 1.

8 calls later I have no dryer and no info on delivery. I am currently on hold and have been form30 minutes. I am beyond frustrated. 

Highlighted

Re: Appliance delivery problem

Now deliveries have been shut down until April 6. Thanks a lot. 

Highlighted

Re: Appliance delivery problem

They schedule warehouse pick up for me today. Then a delivery coordinator called to say they could deliver it tomorrow to the porch with no haul away. I said ok. Now the warehouse pick up has been cancelled and there is no delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I can't even make this up! Now I'm on another 30 minute hold to speak to someone. 

Highlighted

TV never delivered, now shows as "We canceled your order"

I ordered a TV earlier this week for delivery today (Friday), and got a notification yesterday that the delivery window was 12-2pm.

This morning, the item showed as "Out for Delivery". The delivery window passed - I heard nothing.

Now, I have just checked the website, and it says:

Canceled on Mar 20, 2020.
We canceled your order of this item on Mar 20, 2020.

I didn't cancel the order, and I was never even contacted about this cancelation or Best Buy missing the delivery window. I've tried calling (wait time was over 5hrs so gave up), contacting BestBuySupport on Twitter, but I have heard nothing and have been unable to reach anyone. What is happening with my order? This is massively depressing, also because I had an Animal Crossing order from Best Buy that was ALSO delayed without warning.
Highlighted

Delivery?

So I was able to keep an eye on my delivery all by the sudden takes me to the delivery schedule manager site I put all the information either by name or by order and my delivery not found. I call the 1800 number and is over an 1 hold time. Do you all have delays do to Corona virus? Look if that is the case I dont mind you meeting me outside the house and me giving you consent to sign for me.
Highlighted

Delivery delayed without notice and impossible to reach anyone

Had a delivery scheduled for yesterday and received 2 email confirmations that everything was good to go. Waited all day yesterday and not even a phone call to acknowledge anything and all day the website showed that my item was assigned to someone and out for delivery. Finally, at the end of the day, it said my appointment would need to be scheduled and I could never find my original appointment.

Tried for 2 hours to get someone on the phone and that’s impossible and then waited for nearly 2 more hours for a rep on live chat just for her to tell me there was nothing she could do to help.

I just need to know if Best Buy is still doing deliveries or am I wasting my time and should order from a company that’ll at least call their customers and give an update.
Highlighted

Delivery Cancelled and NO COMMUNICATION TO NOTIFY ME

I am thoroughly disappointed with best buy delivery service. i put in an order on 3/14 for a washer dryer for a tenant with scheduled delivery on 3/21 (this morning). 

for the past 7 days, I have received NO COMMUNICATIONS from best buy informing me of any changes as a result of COVID-19. 

on Thursday, 3/19, CA issued a statewide lockdown.  Still no communications from Best Buy.,

3/20, the day before the delivery, I received a text message confirming the delivery appt for Saturday 3/21.  However, with the lockdown in mind, I called Best Buy in the afternoon and waited 1 hr for a call back.  I spoke to someone LIVE who CONFIRMED the delivery scheduled for this morning, 7am -9am. 

this morning, I woke up at 6:30 am, and despite the lockdown and risk to myself, made my way out to the location where the washer dryer was to be delievered.  There, I waited from 7am-9am.  As the delivery window passed, I called best buy and requested a call back (because there's noone to speak to regarding their delivery service). 

at 10am, i get a call back and im informed that all deliveries for saturday are cancelled.  I DIDNT RECIEVE ONE TEXT MESSAGE OR EMAIL INDICATING THIS.    How is this acceptable in the current "information age"? How easy is it to notify ALL delivery recipients of this VERY IMPORTANT change?  Additionally, the GEEK SQUAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE told me with quite an attitude, "did you expect our delivery personnel to delivery amidst the shutdown?" 

ABSOLUTELY NOT.  I didn't even want to go out myself, however, with no communications from best buy, i have no choice but to assume that the delivery will occur, putting myself at risk.  

FURTHERMORE, not only did they cancel the delivery, the next delivery date is set for curbside only.  Amusing that I ordered delivery into the unit AND haul away the old unit.  

Not only did best buy NOT deliver on schedule as THEY INFORMED me, they decided to, ON THEIR OWN TERMS, to cancel services that I ALREADY PAID FOR.  

instead of being proactice in this dire time, and communicate frequently and clearly with customers to notify them of any changes resulting from COVID-19, best buy only seeks to protect themselves and their workers, with ABSOLUTE NO REGARD for their customers or anything else.  I have never experienced something so ridiculous like this.

I will be reaching out to best buy to seek reparations.

Highlighted

Tv paid for! Delivery cancelled! You have my money! I want my tv!

Tv delivery was suppose to happen today! I am so angry and disappointed. We will never buy from Best Buy again. We could’ve ordered from LG and got it by now! They better be planning on compensating everyone that has been effected by this!
Highlighted

Delivery and installation suspension question?

I purchased a washer and gas dryer with all the necessary hoses and attachments 3/18/2020 with delivery and installation scheduled for 3/23/2020.  I received an email today 3/21/2020 indicating that all in home delivery, installs and repairs have been suspended.  I called the store and was told I could pick it up an install it myself.  I'm 70 years old, don't have a truck and wouldn't have a clue how to install a gas dryer.  Does the install suspension apply to existing orders?  If so, will my delivery and install be automatically rescheduled or do I need to initiate that myself?  I know a washer and dryer is not as important as a refrigerator, but my washer and dryer is important to me.  I've been a long term customer of Best Buy and purchased many appliances from large TV's, French Door refrigerator, dishwasher, iPads, etc.  I tried live chat and there seemed to be some technical difficulty.  Once I chatted with someone he tried to get someone from the delivery department on with my but they were unavailable.  I just need to know about this asap.