Search Results:

computer crashed

my computer wont start up correctly, when i turn it on i get some options like:

safe mode

safe mode with networking

safe mode with command prompt

last known food configuration

start windows normally

none of them work, would it be the hard drive, motherboard, or something else?

Re: computer crashed

Is your Vista updated?  Some early versions of Vista have this bug, but it is fixed in SP1.
Trusted Member

he cant really update it now though? 

I would see about restoring the system, geek squad does it if you are not comfortable.  Just know all the data will be erased, so if there is anything important, geeksquad can do a data backup if you cannot.

Hi dannyS!  Could you give me some more information on your computer?    How old is it,make,model...desktop or laptop....which OS(Operating System) are you using?
Dana
Digital Imaging
Mobile Electronics
Personal Computers

my desk top a hp did the same thing on Saturday night the only fix is to wipe it clean and have your restore discks and start it up from scratch you will loose all the stuff you have by gones are by gones. Mine told me it locked the computer up because it was afraid I was going to harm one of the software. And there is no place to unlock it. And if you bring it back there is no good way to make sure it will work right mine does not all the pages I open areonly 3 inches inside my 17 in flat moniter and can not make it bigger tried it all. Treid to update the driver for it will not let you. I am stuck. If I pay the best buy that much to fix it I might as well buy another. I went to another store thaey want $50.00 and it will take up to 5 days. So I am stuck unless someone knows how to make the computer wide like it was and the writing so I can read it. Just like it was before.

any one out there have any idea how to make my writing back to the full screen and big so I can see it. I can not update the drive it will not let me. I treid it all even in the apperance mode and nothing still 3 inches big. I had cox out here but they know nothing. I put my moniter on another computer it works good real good. But on mine no way. And I can not up load the driver it will not let me over write what is there. Help.

I see the way this place is run by a bunch of kids so you cannot get answeres that is ok keep them to yourself.
Topics: 130
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 279

Hey Purple,

Can I get a bit more information to clarify your question so I can try to assist you? Are you referring to your actual text being too small when you type? I know that I can't stand tiny text myself so I am right there with you. Please give me a few more details so I can find a solution.

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy
Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Recognized Member

there's like two different issues going on in this topic. i am @.@