Add Product

Search Results:

Vista freezing

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 at Best Buy online. It worked fine for about 3 weeks, but for the past 2 weeks it's been freezing ALL THE TIME. The mouse will do the circle thing and the programs (usually Firefox, sometimes AIM) say Not Responding. After waiting, the windows turn kind of whitish and CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work. Then eventually the screen goes black and there's a message something like, "failure to create security logon" and the only way to get the computer back on is to press the power button down. I've looked this problem up everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a solution. This laptop is so new! Also, it seems to happen most often as soon as I leave the computer alone for a bit.
Recognized Member

Re: Vista freezing

is it with the pentium processor and 3gb ram?

I suggest you install a firewall, programs to clean up spyware, and install the updates. In my opinion, new computers are very susceptible to viruses, etc etc. and can easily mess everything up. This is esp if you downloaded a lot of things within the first week or so of getting the computer without installing any firewalls or updates. If that doesn't work, then I sugeest you use the backup disc to clean everything to brand new again. Everything will be erased. If you don't want to go through this hasle just call up the tech support and ask if it's in the warrenty and if they can fix it for free or return the computer for a new one or just return it.
Highlighted

Another option is to roll back your computer to a time before the computer started to freeze. To do this go to start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.