Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Vista and HDMI

[ Edited ]
I acquired a new HDMI cable to use with my new desktop, which came with an HDMI output. I plugged in the HDMI cable and am currently using it to connect with my monitor, but when I tested with a video, I got no sound. I looked in "Realtek HD Audio Manager" and saw an option for HDMI sound out, but it indicates that it is not plugged in. There is only one HDMI out on my desktop. Where do I go from here?
Message Edited by mcwebe0 on 10-24-2008 10:19 PM

Re: Vista and HDMI

I found out the problem is in the interaction between my ATI graphics card and my Yamaha RX-V663 AV receiver.  There is an extensive thread that discusses the problem and several options for solutions at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1043267.  I have "fixed" the problem by running the HDMI cable into my TV and then digital coaxial cable from my TV to my receiver.  With this solution I am able to get 5.1 sound.  I do not have a Blu-ray drive and so I can't test for 7.1 sound.  If you run into this problem, the best solution is to ask ATI to update their drivers to be compatible with your receiver.
Highlighted
Trusted Member

Re: Vista and HDMI

that is cool, I wasnt sure if sound came from those or if they were only for video.