Add Product

Search Results:

New laptop

So I got a new hp laptop and it says I don't have an audio output device installed and I can't figure out how to install it. I've been in my system devices but i can't find what I need. Advice? I need to know if its fixable, if not to return it.
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: New laptop

In the type here to search area in the lower left type in 

Device Manager and open the device manager. Expand it. Near the top should be Audio Inputs and Outputs

Capture.PNG

Look for your headphone jack on your computer. start somthing that should make sounds.  With the headphones do you hear anything.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

When I went into my device manager, it doesn't even show that little tab of audio inputs and outputs. It's like missing some of the list. I also tried my earbuds and no sound was heard.
Emerging Expert

Go to the same search and look for 

Audio Settings

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Regular Contributor

could also be under "sound and video game controllers" or "unknown device" if the driver is missing.