Add Product

Search Results:

Laptops-what should I get

I am a 60yr old woman who has been using a HP 2000 Laptop for quite a few years with no problem.  Looks as though I am going to have to think about getting a new one since the HP2000 is starting to have issues with over heating and the battery is on its last legs etc. etc.  I want to get a new lap top, I spend a fair amount of time online, a big FB user, I use FB gameroom often, I watch netflix and use amazon prime a lot, I also own a kindle and use that as well.  

I was hoping someone could give me some pointers on what I should purchase for my next laptop, I will probably stick with HP but am open to any advice.  Don't want to spend a fortune and there are just such an endless amount of choices I'd appreciate help in narrowing them down because it seems a little overwhelming.  Thanks for any pointers.

Topics: 1,107
Kudos: 761
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 263

Re: Laptops-what should I get

Can you give a price range you're looking for?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Visitor

I guess up to $300

Emerging Expert

I have owned a variety of laptop brands over the years.  HP is one of them and I was very happy with it.  Good brand to stay with.

For what you want to do Netflix and FB Games are going to use your laptops abilities fhe most.  Fortunately pretty much every laptop on the market today can support your needs. So there is no need to spend a lot of money.

As an alternate idea.  Depending on how you use your laptop.

I purchased this Dell for my father last fall, he is 88.  it is on clearance and may be hard to get but may give you an idea.

Dell All in One

What he really likes about it is the very large crystal clear display.  His primary use is managing his photos, email, news feeds, and streaming Netflix.  

HP also makes a nicely priced series of Laptops that they refer to as Gaming Laptops.  Typically when a computer/laptop is labeled Gaming it simply means it has a better graphics processor.  The only drawback to me on these is that they only have 4GB of memory.  However, for your purposes it should be sufficient. 

HP Laptops

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thanks I will look into the stuff you told me about......also a friend gave me a HP Slimline 400-314 desktop computer with the monitor, keyboard etc.His mom at 95 yrs old was using it for Hoyle card games and email nothing else that I could tell and I don't know what she did but I managed to get it going....sometimes.....when it is not working it doesn't boot up no HP screen or anything and then the monitor goes to sleep.  Other times (only a few times) I turned it on and it came right on, suprised me the first time.  So for the few hours it worked..I thought the graphics were great, it iwas painfully slow,not sure what I think of Windows 8.1, I know it does not have the correct power cord.is that why it wont always come on?   The cd/dvd drive button is not working but I was able to operate it from Windows the few times I got it working.  My question (long story short LOL) do you think it is worth it for me to take the tower in to be serviced, get it working correctly? 

Emerging Expert

It would probably cost you more to get it serviced than a new laptop would cost.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.