Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Laptop Charging Issue

My laptop's charging cable is loose in the charging socket. How do I fix the issue?

Emerging Expert

Re: Laptop Charging Issue

can you try a different cable?

If the port is damaged and that's making the plug lose it could be a matter of replacing the power adapter in the lap top.

depending on brand and model that could be a problem.  But in any event it would be expensive.

If it is less than year old I would consider  contacting the manufacturer. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Yes I've tried another cable and that didn't work. So I think replacing adapter is the best solution
Emerging Expert

Just make sure to get an estimate on the cost first.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Where would I get a new adapter. All I have found so far is adapter cables and those won't do me any good.

Emerging Expert

What brand and model laptop.

I assume your indicating you think the power connection inside the laptop itself need replacing.

Depending on the brand and model it may not be replaceable. 

You may have to go direct to the manufacturer to get the part. 

Its a dell inspiron 15 3565

Emerging Expert

The only thing Dell lists is external replacments.  You might have to contact them direct to get a replacment. Or the Geek squad may be able to replace it

Thank you it's helpful for me too.