Add Product

Search Results:

Help me pick out a laptop!

So I'm majoring in Cyber Security and i just want suggestions on what laptop will be the best and last me the longest. My price range will most likely be $0 - $1200. Thank you! For any suggestions you all send.

Emerging Expert

Re: Help me pick out a laptop!

Lasting the longest will be mostly influenced on how you treat your laptop.

Ask your professors what you should get as far as requirements.

Would they recommend iOS, Windows, Linux?

The Dell Vostro could be a good place to start

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 1,113
Kudos: 744
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 270

Vostro was a popular name for business leasing back in the day with Dell as they help up real good in the professional work place. The same is today as its a household name for how well they are built and don't have as much nonsense loaded on the machine such as pre-loaded offers and so forth.

They may still do that today I dont know.

bobberuchi does make a good point about how you treat it. Do you see yourself taking it everywhere you go or? You will also want a good slip cover or case to help you protect it when its not in use.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Regular Contributor

I thought the Vostro line was literally thier cheapest business line. The latitudes seemed quit a bit better.

I'm really liking the Ryzen laptops, lots of bang for your buck, but they tend to be non business models so you have to treat them a bit nicer Smiley Happy