Add Product

Search Results:

Emerging Expert

Gaming Headsets details (wireless)

Looking for input from wireless headset owners.

do you have a wireless headset that when you turn it off your computer automatically goes back to speakers?

The headset I looked at uses a USB dongle to connect to the headset.  When you turn off the head set there is no sound. You need to either remove the dongle or manually change the sound settings back to speakers.  Then change it back again when you want to use the headset.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 1,107
Kudos: 761
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 263

Re: Gaming Headsets details (wireless)

Well under Playback Devices under Windows you can change the default playback device back to the internal sound card and the secondary USB headset is for communications.

When I plugged in a wired XBOX Controller it was using the audio jack as the default audio playback device,

Just a thought.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Emerging Expert

yes I can change it manually.  

There are three options

wireless headset,

Wireless headset for chat

computer speakers.

I can remove the dongle to get it to swith, but I am looking for something that would switch automatically when I turn off the headset

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Regular Contributor

Bluetooth head sets will switch, if your computer doesnt have bluetooth built In you can add a USB bluetooth adapter and it will still switch automatically. The problematic ones are the headsets with their own special usb adapter that actually replaces the sound chip of the computer.
Emerging Expert

I ended up gettnig a Razor Nari

The only way it will automatically swithch is if I pull out that special USB adapter.