Add Product

Search Results:

External Hard Drive or CD's

I am debating whether or not to buy an external hard drive for my movies that I have on my computer. They are taking up space that I want to free up, but I dont know whether I should just buy blank DVD disks or move them to an external hard drive. I don't know very much about them. I did my research but I've never actually used one and I learn better by experience. However, I dont want to go out and buy one if it's not going to serve the purpose I need it for.
Topics: 1,107
Kudos: 761
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 263

Re: External Hard Drive or CD's

Very little boxed software is available on disk now. It is basically a scratch off card inside a box.

Unless you really need it, it's not really needed. I have one but I really only use it for travel to watch a movie on my laptop and that's about it.

Now an external drive is a different thing. If your computer has a USB 3 Port you will gain fast playback and bigger data transfer speeds.

I use a 4TB USB Type C External HDD for my games and also a program called Portable Apps because my main HDD is a 128gb SSD and I save everything to the external drive.

As far as your movies go, how high in quality are they? You would need a Dual Layer disk for the best quality obviously.

Although I am pretty sure your'e not doing so, I remind you that burning copyrighted media is illegal so please use rewritable media within lawful means.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***