Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

toyota sienna with viper 4204

I just have BestBuy installed Flashlogic FLCAN with remote starter Viper 4202 on my car. I have a couple of questions.

1) Will normally BestBuy flash the correct firmware to the correct make and model when they install the FLCAN? My guess is that they will have to otherwise some features won't work correctly. Currently, the viper remote can lock/unlock and start the engine.

2) They told me that they can't make the sliding door working on Viper remote. I did a research from flashlogic website and if Bestbuy flashed the correct firmware, it does have sliding door feature.

As i understand, if they connect the cable from Aux 1 and Aux 2 from Viper box which have (-)200mA to Flashlogic LEFT SLIDING DOOR (-) INPUT and RIGHT SLIDING DOOR (-) INPUT respectively. Then i should be able to control the sliding door via Aux mode function from Viper remote. Am i correct?

I need more information so that i can go back to talk to them again because i do not want to carry both original remote and viper remote at the same time. Thx

Highlighted

Re: toyota sienna with viper 4204

What Year and Trim level is your Sienna? Is it Push to Start?

Highlighted

It is 2011, LE and no PTS.
Highlighted

The FLCAN will only work the sliding doors if the van is not running. If you remote start the van the FLCAN will not control the sliding doors. So if they hooked it up that way and you only carried the viper remote you would have to shut the remote start down before you could open the sliding doors. There is a way to have the viper unit control the sliding doors while the van is running but there would be an extra charge for the labor and a relay or two might be needed.

Highlighted

It is really useful info. I didn't know that I have to stop the engine with the remote start before i can use it to control my sliding doors. That is probably security reason. As you said there is a way to accomplish this by connecting the Viper module directly to the sliding door control but it needs a relay for each door to make this work. Probably, i would stay what i have now. At least i know that i can carry only one remote. Thanks