Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Remote Start installation question - Trying to understand

I just want to get auto start added to my 2012 Dodge Charger.    The dealer is asking for waaay to much for OEM remote start and install so I figure Best buy would be cheaper.  I see many products ranging from $199 to $600.  I plan to get either the Viper 4205V or the 4115V1B.  My question is, I literally just want autostart. I would like to still use my existing FOB to unlock my doors, pop my trunk, etc.  Sounds like when an aftermarket is installed "stuff" needs to be bypassed and you end up using the aftermarket lock/unlock, trunk open features rendering your current key fob useless.  Is this correct?

1) Can you confirm with he viper units listed above, that I can get autostart installed on my car, and still use my existing key FOBs for all my basic funtion (lock/unlock, truck)? 

2) Also does the standard Geek Squad install come with the open hood auto kill feature, I seem to hear the most complaints about installers not installing this safety feature and not telling the buyer they dont install this.

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Remote Start installation question - Trying to understand

Go out to your car and start it with the key. While its running try to unlock, lock and pop the truck with the factory fob. If it works while the car is running it will still all work after they install a remote start.

Some cars factory remotes do not work while the car is running.

Highlighted

2012 Dodge Charger Part SKU Model Description Qty Price* Materials fee 4081923 Materials fee 1 $5.00 4115V1B w/basic install 1625747 4115V1B Viper 1 button Remote Start 1 way 1 $139.99 Hood tilt switch 7944549 8613 Directed Electronics - Ball Bearing Tilt Switch 1 $9.99 Immobilizer interface module 1009202 FLCAN Flashlogic - Multiplatform Vehicle Doorlock Interface - Black 1 $99.99 Module install labor 1764521 PN SWTCH I INSTALL - SECURITY STANDARD ADDON INSTALL 1 $39.99 Subtotal Estimate Only** $294.96
Highlighted

All remote starts done at Best Buy include the feature of when the hood is open the vechilce will not start with the remote. Some vechicles may require a part to do this(usually $10) but the basic labor is included.

Highlighted

Yes my FOB  unlock/locks my door and pops trunk while car is running. 

So bottom line is (as far as you know), there should be no reason the viper units I selected should not work with my car.  And I shouldn't need any special (expensive) add ons to get things to work properly and my original FOB should work as usual. 

I just dont want to get something installed that keeps something else from working properly on my car when from having autostart installed.

Thanks

Highlighted

Everyday estimate on your vechile is $294.96 for the 4115V1B. That includes bypass, hood switch and extra labor on the price you see online.

Being the holidays there might be a weekly sale or promtion going on that could be less. Just call and visit your local store for more info. .