Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Garmin GPS

How long does a "Lifetime" Map and/or Traffic upgrade last?

Highlighted
Topics: 5
Kudos: 24
Solutions: 232

Re: Garmin GPS

I think Garmin's "Lifetime" updates last about 2 months.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I DO NOT work for Best Buy. I used to be a Geek Squad Agent for 2 years and this is why I am well versed on their policies and procedures, but I do not work for them anymore. My posts are my own opinions and do not represent any opinions of Best Buy. If you do not like my posts, and want to report me, you can do so by clicking this link and reporting me to the moderators.
---Nearly all virus infections are a result of a problem between chair and keyboard---
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@HRAllenJr wrote:

How long does a "Lifetime" Map and/or Traffic upgrade last?

For as long as such data is available for your unit or your unit reaches end-of-life and is no longer supported by Garmin. That roughly translates to several years.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I got a unit November 2011 and just updated last month. More than 2 months.

Good point about "end-of-life", after 4 to 6 years the built in battery on any GPS will fail and it might not work unless it's plugged into the cig lighter.

A tip I'll share. Seriously considering paying extra for the "voice command" models. I love how I can change brightness and volume without needing to touch the screen.
Highlighted

I bought a new Garmin 3500 nuvi series, is it normal for it to start heating up to burning temperatures after 15-20 minutes?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The only time my Garmin ran hot was driving southbound with the sun heating it. Is your Garmin hot when driving at night?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

With regards to "lifetime" maps... my Garmin is 3 years old and I see updates every 4 to 6 months.