Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

DVD head unit install

Can best buy install dvd head unit I buy somewhere else?

Highlighted

Re: DVD head unit install

Yes. Whats the year, make and model of vechicle you are looking to have the DVD head unit installed in?

Highlighted

2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT with Bose system with rear dvd and rear audio controls

Talked to several techs from different BB's and the last guy said they would have to disable the factory amp or amplified bose speakers but I was told of all the different adapters I would need for everything to work but I see that crutchfield has an adapter to retain everything from your factory amp to onstar to rear dvd to steering controls all in one adapter but I was told I would need about 5 different ones from BB. I just need to make sure everything works just as it does now but with a touchscreen head unit I dont want to lose my factory amp or amplified speakers when most head units are only 50 watts by 4 and I have 6 speakers I'll end up loosing all my sound. 

Highlighted
Valued Member

TFast,

What crutchfield will sometimes do is throw in the steering control module. However, I am sure that they are listing the GMOS-14 as the harness you have mentioned. This harness retains the Bose/OnStar/RSE (rear seat entertainment) in your vehicle. At BBY, we can also order this harness for you at a cost of $112.98 and then also sell you the ASWC add-on for the steering controls at $99.99. If you buy the ASWC from us, we package our labor with it. This means rather than paying $100 for the module and $60 for the install, you will pay $120 total for steering control functions. With these parts along with the Dash Kit and Antenna Adapter you need, all of your product can be installed in your vehicle without losing any current functionality. Bypassing your bose amp is generally not necessary as long as it is in good working order along with the speakers. To buy the parts and labor from BBY would put you just under $400 for everything if you brought your own Mobile Video Unit. If you brought us the parts and just wanted to pay the labor charges, you would be looking at an ESTIMATE: $165.