Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Anyone use a Car Dashboard Camera?

I was just curious if anyone uses a DashCam in thier car while they drive to have video in case they are in an accident. 

I see BestBuy Canada lists some of the better models for sale although online only like the DOD LS430W and LS330W.

BestBuy USA lists one that they seem to sell but it's not a very good one (branded with the Cobra name) and through the marketplace have a few others that are on the low end. 

Does anyone happened to run one? There are some really nice new cameras coming out that are really good quility and can really save a driver from a lot of hassle. 

at CES there were new cameras from one of the top DashCam brands VicoVation. Powerucc also makes a really good model called the PanoramaII

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone use a Car Dashboard Camera?

I use my Samsung Galaxy S3 in a car mount with CaroO Pro, which seems to be capable of everything the LS330W system can do. The LS430W may do better at night time, though.

If I was going to spend money on an actual dashcam system, I'd definitely get one with front and rear cameras, like some of the BlackVue systems have. Unfortunately, I don't think simultaneous front and rear recording is possible on Android, so dashcam systems have that advantage, for now. 

Highlighted

Hey hydrogenwv thanks for writing in. It was nice to get a reply.
I have used my phone once or twice when one of my cams had a hickup, but between the extra heat and stopping if a call is coming in it was not the best way to go for me.

I have done a lot of research and in all honesty I would stay away from BlackVue a lot of drivers have had problems with their older cameras also in their newer dual cam the rear conecting cable seems to come loose a bit and cause the rear camera to stop working.

If you are looking for a decent dual cam set up I would look at the VicoVation Marcus 5 Demoed at CES. Garmin has also recently released the Dash Cam 10/20. I wonder if these will show up next to Garmin GPS on BestBuy show room floors.

Some people even like to run two single cameras with one facing each way. I've seen people run two G1Ws, Mobius, or Mini 0801/0803 for a fraction of the cost of the dual camera set ups

Highlighted

Just a quick update. Cobra seems to be releasing the CDR900.

From what I have read it looks to be a great highend camera.

160 degree coverage

GPS

WiFi

Should be using the A7LA55 chip witch is one of the newist avalible in DashCams.

Looks to a great camera so far.

Highlighted

Garmin also has dash cams.

Highlighted

Yes the Dash Cam 10 and Dash Cam 20 as well as the GDR 35 and GBC30

I was really excited to see the Dash Cam 20 not only on the website, but it says it is in stock at a local store. 

Hopefully more people will pick these or other DashCameras up and protect themselves while driving. 

Look on YouTube. A lot of it happens in other places around the world, but bad driving happens here too. 

Bad Drivers of Napa

Bad Drivers of South Carolina

Bad Drivers of Chicagoland