Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

What are the latest firmware and map version numbers for the NAV01?

I recently aquired a NAV01 and the map version is listed as 2008.4_1.0_1.0_RMN_USA.

Is this the latest map data available for this device?

Likewise, the firmware is version 1.0.061209 (Revision#47894), is this the latest version?

BR,

Steve

Visitor

Re: What are the latest firmware and map version numbers for the NAV01?

Hello Steve,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Currently there are no maps nor firmware update available for this particular model. When an update is available, you will find information about it on our website. Regarding the USB issue you are experiencing ("USB connection issue with NAV01") check that the cable is firmly plugged and, if you have available, try with another USB cable (defective cables may cause this problems). On Windows Device Manager, check under USB that the USB ports cannot be turned off by windows. Lastly, also on Device manager, check that the device, once connected is working properly.

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

Looks like you received one that has been sitting on a shelf for a while. 2008 for map data is pretty old. However, the best you will be able to do is maybe get to a 2009 version.

I just received one of these that had been refurbished and here were the data specs.

Map Data NAVTEQ GDF 2009.2 1.0 PRI USA VIR with Software Version: 1.0.061209 (Revision#47894)

Firmware seems to be same as yours. Obviously there have been updates to the map but it seems that this product (much like other Insignia GPS products) have very little support after purchase. Almost feels like this was meant to be disposable technology.

Visitor

Yeah,

A little disappointing to be honest, although I did get it pretty cheap.

Every so often it crashes, so I wass hoping for a firmware update.

It will suddently say we have 0 miles to the next turn and tell me I am in a HOV lane. It requires a complete power cycle to recover from this.

Not major, but can be a pain when it occurs close to a real turning point.

Anyhow, thanks for responding that there is at least a newer map file in the wild.

BR

Visitor

Check into replacing your operating system with iGo8.  Maps still aren't as current as Garmin maps, but way newer than Insignia's offering.

Visitor

How do I go about getting the iGo8 software for my NAV01?   Something updated would be kind of nice.  

{edited per Forum Guidelines}

Visitor

Check out GPS Underground.  They have all sorts of neat tips and tricks on how to do this.  I would post a link, but I'm not sure that's permissable in this forum.

Visitor

Yes, check out gpsunderground. You can use insigina gps with IGO and also newer igo primo software. MUCH better than insignia software.

NO map uodates for insignia to come....good luck