Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

NS-NAV01 Insert MicroSD card.

Hello,

I bought my NS-NAV01 5 months ago from Best Buy.  It stopped working a couple of weeks ago.  The screen pops up telling me to insert my MicroSD card.  The card is in there, however.  It is the original one and I have never taken it out.  I tried resetting the GPS but that did not work either.  I took it to Best Buy's Geek Squad and they suggested downloading the mapping software and replacing the corrupted file on the MicroSD card.  Can you point me in the right direction?
Thank you.

Visitor

Re: NS-NAV01 Insert MicroSD card.

Hello gothamcronie118,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

When the device starts, it will read from the SD card both the navigation software and the map information. If you are not able to pass the insert card logo, that will mean that you are missing the NAV folder on the SD card or that the CNAVClient.exe is damaged.

The software for this model cannot be updated through the web page for now, currently we are working on this, and as soon as I have more information on this matter, I'll post it on the community.

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Guille
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

What do I do until then?

Visitor

If you have a spare SD card laying around, you could load up something like MioPocket, and see if the unit will boot to that.  If it does, I might suggest finding a copy of iGo8.  I wouldn't expect speedy service from Insignia or Best Buy.  We've been waiting for a map update for this thing for 2+ years.