Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: NS-CNV20 Map Updates.

Any one received this new map update? I bought cnv-20 last December and got a update in spring based on the notification. I use this GPS pretty much every day and did not see any notifications since then..

Visitor

There was an update released this Fall.  Please see your local Geek Squad agent for an update.

You are correct that a message should have been sent to you device.  I will confirm with our engineering team that this message went out.

Thanks,

Ari

Insignia GPS team

Visitor

Nobody at my Best Buy in Dayton Ohio knows about a Map update in the fall. Also I didn't receive any message on my GPS relating to a map update,
Visitor

There is no update... 

I went to my Best Buy in Jackson Michigan, after the usual "Geek Squad" - "I don't know what you are talking about", "we don't do that", "it costs $30.00", "you can just download it yourself", etc... a guy who actually knew what he was talking about told the guy I was talking to how to look on their system.  Then they couldn't even tell whether the update they saw was different than what I had on my GPS from last spring, no date, version, etc???  

So they kept my CNV10 to download and apply the update they found.  When they called me the next day they informed me that the update was exactly what I had before, and pointed out that the Maps are actually from 2008!!!!! 

So I have a GPS that is now a few days past the 1 year of "Quarterly Updates" and "Connected Services", has maps that are over a year old, rarely has connected to the "Connected Services" to show trafic info or search on-line instead of using the old info in the last several months, etc...

I don't think I'm stupid enough to be paying the $99 for renewing the map updates/connected services...  I'm not likely to buy any Insignia products at all in the future for that matter...

Visitor

Yes I did, Finally... it took some persistence to have the geek squad call and ask (see my previous post), ( I also just dropped $19,000+ in xmas presents for my office for the second year in a row so I had a motivated associate) it took two days and two downloads later but it worked!  He also gave me the copy of the disks he used to do it.  I used the boynton beach Best Buy in Boynton Beach Florida.  They have done two since then so they seem to be getting better. The updates are located on their intranet support site and its not easy to find, it makes them download the file and burn a disk before it will allow an update, (comes from the dvd's). the two downloads are about 3 gigs each, (yes their is two updates). It does not fix the screen sensitivity issue but the speed seems faster. Also it does back up your favorites but it puts them in your recents folder, (go figure) another 'beni' is the continuation of the sim card expiration date, it keeps it active.
Visitor

Really, what date does the GPS say that the maps and firmware are?  I had the Spring update, but the maps version still shows 2008.4 and the firmware is 1.4.

A question for  Ari-INSG  who has replied several times here as a product manager I believe (not sure if he's the person who replied to me on a personal message from my first post, I eventually replied when I realized these messages exist, but didn't get another message back):

How do I get the update without wasting more time on the "Geek Squad"?

If I have to deal with these people, how do I make sure they know what they are doing before I waste more time on them?

Visitor

Ok..im confused. I still have a map from 2008, and i cant get anyone (either at insignia OR geek Squad) to tell me how to upgrade it. It took 1/2 a day to finally get someone to tell me how to upgrade my subscription to the online search as it was past the 1 year subscription. I consider it a milestone that i was able to call geek squad and insignia tech support about a dozen times to find out how to do it.

How can i tell which firmwear i have on my unit. i have tried my best but all i can see is the version 1.4, which i think is the map updates. All i can find from insignia site is the firmware should be 1.3 something. Any help would be appreciated.

As for the maps, i was told i get 4 free updates a year when i purchased the unit. But everytime i brought it into geek squad i was told that (1) they dont do it and (2) i have to contact insignia for updates and finally (3) there have NEVER ben any map updates.

what good is a 4 times a year service if you NEVER updats anything.

greg 

Visitor

One of the reasons may be the Best Buys in Dayton Ohio don't stock either the Nav 10 or Nav 20 versions, which I don't understand since this is supposed to be their brand. DOes your Best Buy stock this unit?
Highlighted
Visitor

yes, mine stock them. I guess ill never purchase anything from either Insignia or Best buy again, as neither companies will back up their products.

im going to search the internet and see if there are any class action lawsuits in the process.

Visitor

Ok this is ridiculous, somebody from Insignia needs to respond to these issues with some clear answers. If your not going to support you product then you need to quit selling it, and stop misrepresenting the product.

I am very disappointed in this product and the lack of support.

I would like to see a number for tech support that I can call about this.