Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Little Buddy

Purchased this tracking device 12/22/10.  Went through process to activate...pretty straightforward.  However when I access my account page, the status is showing the device as "suspended".  Called the 877.467.4289 support #.  When I finally connected to a live representative, was told that I should call the Wavemarket 888.587.4599 # since this is the company that handles the billing.  Called this # and it went directly to hold music with no one picking up for over an hour.  I finally hung up.  Called the BestBuy/Insiginia customer support # several more times and am amazed that no one can refer me to someone who can resolve this suspension issue.  As a result - have not been able to use this new device.

Yesterday, 12.28.10 - decided to give this device one more try.  Went back to the Best Buy store.  Returned the first Little Buddy device and purchased a second device (thinking that there may have been an issue with the first device).

Today, 12.29.10 - devoted the morning to getting the device to work.  Again went through the initial activation process with entering email and billing info.  Then powered LB off and on and waited 2 minutes as instructed.  Still no success.  Then called the Best Buy/Insiginia Support # again.  After being hung on twice, finally reached an agent who finally put me through to a supervisor.  She said she was aware of a suspension problem and would work to find out how to connect with the Wavemarket group to learn how to resolve.  So so far have spent over 3 hours working to resolve and no response back from the supervisor.  Anyone else experiencing this problem with getting the device operational?

Visitor

Re: Little Buddy

Hi ehwalker,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

First of all let me apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with our Little Buddy GPS tracker.

Indeed the solution is Wavemarket in regards to the "Suspended" status you are dealing with but not by contacting them over the phone, we usually guide our customer into a better and faster solution that would be creating an internal ticket with them which I can definitely do for you.

I will you send me via Private Message the following data:

- Full Name

- Email Address (Login ID)
- HEX Code: Device’s A#
- Exact Text or Error message: Error message that appears on the device.

Having this data will allow me to create a ticket with Wavemarket and I will communicate you the solution they advise me to you issue.

If you do not want to share this information with me via PM, you can contact our Insignia Customer Support one more time and specify them your issue communicating with Wavemarket and they should go ahead and gather the same data I am requesting in order to create the Ticket for you.

Hope to hear from you soon,

If you have found my assistance useful, please click on the Kudos button next to this message.

Regards,
Nicolas
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Re: Little Buddy

I hope insignia was able to assist you in getting your little buddy up and running.  I have a special needs son who has ventured off on more than one occasion.  We purchased the little buddy in Sept and it has been wonderful and accurate within about 30-40 feet.  Added a little piece of mind.  We put a camera clip strap to it and attach it to his belt loop and it goes in his back pocket.  If we forget to put it on him, he will now ask for his monitor.  I hope it helps give you the same piece of mind.

Visitor

little buddy

I purchased the little buddy jan. 16th. it is now jan 18th and in this process i've been on the phone with bestbuy 3 times and insignia 3 times but the best was with wavemarket where I was on hold 3 hours. No exageration I literally put my handset on speaker phone and continued my business. I am a very relentless person and will either get to the bottom of it or terminate all business transactions with everyone involved in return for this kind of treatment from a company. I know that bestbuy and insignia are not the cause of the problem but doing business with a company that treats people like this shows some irresponsibility. I am experiencing the same problem as the previous complaint. Listed on this site under ehwalker My so  called first month free is also suspended and after spending 50.00 on the product I still don't know how it operates. I went online trying to track down wavemarket and when i found them and tried to get in contact their email wanted a non secure mailer and I just can't bring my self to trust that When a company can't even do what they are getting paid to do. These people are really being trusted with peoples kids? I will try an internal ticket which I think I've already had processed and a lady told me to wait two days but will keep giving chances till I exasperate all patience I'm on my second day and maybe something will happen today. All I want is what i paid for and to continue a business realtionship.

D.c.

Visitor

Re: little buddy

I purchased the device 1/23/11 and attempted to activate 1/24/11.  I of course also got the "suspended" status.  I called Insignia customer service and finally got ahold of someone in the "GPS" department after getting hung up on 3 times in a row.  They created a ticket and gave me a phone # for wavemarket.  I tried the wavemarket phone # and  I sat on hold for over an hour before ending the call.  I tried 4 days in a row different hours of the day.  I have left several messages for them.  No returned calls.  This is unbelievable!  How can Best Buy do business with such a shady company?   I just want this thing to work.

Visitor

Update:  No call backs from WaveMarket.  Still unable to get through.  I called Best Buy Insignia Customer Service Department again 1-877-467-4289 and it says to hit option #2 for GPS or Little Buddy Tracker questions.  I hit 2 and I keep getting a guy in audio.  He said that they need to change thier option #'s.  I had him look at my ticket and he said that there wasnt one???  He said I should  hit #3 for the GPS department, but that he would transfer me.  I sat on hold for over 20 minutes with no answer.  I will try again later when I have more time.

Visitor

Hello RMC1234,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

I'm deeply sorry you have experienced this. Plase send me a PM with the following info:

HEXCODE

EMAIL

ERROR YOU ARE GETTING

CASE# (IF YOU WERE PROVIDED WITH ONE)

YOUR FULL NAME

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Guille
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

I called Best Buy Insignia Customer Service Department again at the 1-877-467-4289 # and spoke w/ a very nice lady.  She was able to pull up my ticket and she was in contact via im with her manager.  The manager said that he was unable to fix the issue and that she needed to email a supervisor.  She said that she would have the supervisor contact me. 

Later that day I received an email from insignia customer service with a link to my ticket.  It says "This device was signed up during the Qualcomm outage. We are still waiting for it to be resolved. We will update the ticket when the outage is fixed and refund any charges that occur."

That was 02/02/11.  No response since.

Visitor

Update:  Still has not been fixed.  It has been 2 1/2 weeks now.  This is unbelievable. 

Visitor

Spent almost 3 hrs. on the phone tonight........no one EVER picked up........and I PM'ed someone here, but I guess they seldom frequent this board!!

Sounds like a neat little device....wish I could give it a try!!

Guess they are actually discontinued......so no one really cares anymore??