Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Device always runs first time initialization after update

I just updated my NS-CNV10 to the latest firmware on the website and now everytime I turn it on it runs through the first time initalization.  I kind of assumed by the name it should only do that once.  I have recopied the CNAV folder to the card three times now and still have the same issue.  The GPS seems to work fine, it just takes forever to start up.  Thanks.

Visitor

Re: Device always runs first time initialization after update

Hello dennb,

Welcome to Community@Inisgnia™!

This is not normal behavior and that screen, as you pointed, should only be shown the 1st time. Just to be sure about it, you downloaded the .zip file on the web page and with the Window Explorer delete ONLY the CNAV folder from the SD card
and copied the CNAV folder (from the file you downloaded) to the SD Card. If so, then you will need to take the GPS to the nearest Best Buy store so a Geek Squad Agent can take a look at this device.

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

Gonza,

Thanks for the quick response.  I guess the 4th time was the charm in this case.  I re-did the procedure again and it seems to be working again.  I was really not wanting to go to a store as I never enjoy dealing with Best Buy's customer service folks.  Thanks again.

Visitor

Hello dennb,

I'm happy to read it worked! Enjoy your GPS!

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team