Add Product

Search Results:

JF2
Visitor

CNV20 update?

I recently went to the Insignia website to update the firmware on my GPS. After following the instructions and repeating the process several times, as directed, my GPS now will not recognize my SD card. You are directed to only delete and update on file, which I did, and now no GPS. It only shows that the SD should be inserted. My computer sees all the files on the card and they are correct. Any help?
Visitor

Re: CNV20 update?

Hello JF,

Welcome to Community@Inisgnia™!

In this case, I would advise you to go to the nearest store so an Agent can assist you on this.

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

JF2
Visitor

I really don't think that will help. The Geek squad will have to keep it for several days, then advise me to purchase a newer unit, etc. How about just posting the old software or emailing the zip file to me. It can't be that hard.
Visitor

I had the same problem initially. Then I removed both the SD card and the SIM card and reinserted them. Then instead of immediately restarting the unit, i let it sit for an hour. I then restarted the unit and it went through its inital checks like the first time you started the system and then began to work normally. Maybe this will work for you.
JF2
Visitor

I have tried letting it set, removing all cards, resetting the GPS, everything and method I could think of. I think the only way it will work is with the ild file, unless the new file is corrupted. I erased and downloaded it several times with the same result. I don't think the new file is compatible with older units.
Visitor

I saved the old files before I updated. However, they appear to large to send by email as they are approximately 45MB. I don't know how well they will compress.
JF2
Visitor

Can you send a link to the files? How about a zip? Any help will be appreciated.
Visitor

What file folder are you looking for CNAV or Scansoft? Note that the old DB folder has about 1.6GB in it.
Highlighted
JF2
Visitor

Just the CNAV file. That was the only one that was changed. I don't know why I didn't save it before installing the new file. Too trusting I guess.
Visitor

I zipped it and it is 11MB. If your email server will accept a file this large I could email it to you or if you have online storage I could upload it.