Add Product

Search Results:

Re: When will Bestbuy charge my account when preordered via Paypal?

Glad I came here. I was just going to put a preorder down, but don't want my account to be charged over 500 bones right now. :/

Having the same problem here, pre ordered snes classic edition it's charged right away, it doesn't let me pay off the amount that was charged and credit line limit is decreased for the amount that I used.

Ok now I'm scared they charge you full? I thought it was like amazon where they don't charge you at all. I can't have bestbuy holding my account hostage.

So using paypal seem to not be the smartest method i guess

@smoggle maybe use PayPal, usually PayPal charges you right away and at least let you pay off, with bestbuy system they charge you and they don't let you pay it off, so I have to live with low credit line even tho I can pay it off.

but my paypal is attached to my bank so will it charge my bank? I can't have an insane overdraft since i don't have the amount of money yet, what I usually do with amazon is put the amount its worth near the very last days before delivery. 

Will Paypal charge me all at once directly taking out any funds i have in my bank (I don't have the required funds) or will it only charge me once the item ships?

Hi FrankAyers!

This is regarding your concern for pre-order. Payment for pre-order is different from those items available. Once you have completed the order for a pre-order item, BestBuy will send an authorization from your bank regarding the payment, however the authorization will fall off on the 3rd day. And on the 5th day prior the release date Bestbuy will again send an authorization to your account so we need to make sure that you have enough funds so BestBuy can fulfill your order. charge will usually take place one the item has been fulfilled or shipped.

I actually wish they charged me instead of it coming off n being put back on. I bought the Series 3 AppleWatch on Presale, the money came out, then dropped off n it’s still 2 weeks before it’s due in, but I just wish I paid n had the money out. I don’t like it sitting in there n it kinda screws with my OCD accounting practices. The AppleCare I ordered at time of preorder has dropped off n been put back on twice now.