Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Member

Re: What happened to weekly ad???

I dont want to see everything that's on sale.  That nearly every item in your store, by you definition. I want you to spend a reasonable time identifying a list of top sale items that you want your customers to see, in a form where you are limited to some space that forces you to prioritize what is actually on sale.  No one here is asking you to get rid of your current deal section, just bring back what we perceive as a better alternative.

If you think customers are going to be visiting your website everyday to see what's on sale at the moment, I think you need to think again. I open the ad on Sunday to see if there is anything that might interest me. A good number of my purchases where made because of the ad and not because I needed anything in particular. When I do need something specific, I use the search feature to see your selection. Checking out the ad on Sunday was a ritual in my household. There WAS a BB link on the family's computer browser bar. It's gone now. We don't sit in front of the computer and say i'll just browse all the categories because there's nothing better to do with our time.

Here is my specific issue. Fifa 20 is coming out. In years past the week before you traded in Fifa 19 and received the value of the trade in plus a $10 coupon towards the purchase of Fifa 20. I would also preorder Fifa 20 at the time of trading Fifa 19 to receive $10 in Best Buy money when I pick up Fifa 20.

I did not see that on the Best Buy website anywhere and now found out that the trade in period ended on September 6th. In years past I would have checked the ad on Sunday and seen this promotion.

This was the case for NHL too (no deal at all this year). Madden had the deal as usual timing. I believe this was a deal for EA titled games.

Can you please show me how to find these deals in an organized fashion all at once? I clicked the link to find preorder bonuses but that’s not what I’m specifically after, the preorder bonuses were a huge bonus in conjunction with all other deals.

Weekly Ad: What's Wrong With This Picture?

Just when does Best Buy plan on bringing the weekly ad back to the website? It feels like it's either just pure laziness or Best Buy is trying to force it's customers to visit the deals page. I've heard and read many excuses, including canned responses and it doesn't fit. This is why I have stopped visitiing the Best Buy retail site. It's easier to go to Walmart.com, Target.com, Amazon.com because they don't have this problem.

Listen to your customers: bring back the weekly ad.

For me? I don't get the Sunday paper so the only way I could get the Best Buy weekly ad was to visit the Best Buy.com site. This is costing Best Buy lost sales. If I wanted to visit the deals page, I would visit the deals page. That page is an unmitigated disaster so much so that it's akin to a traffic jam of mass confusion.

Re: Weekly Ad: What's Wrong With This Picture?

I used to wake up every Sunday morning and browse the weekly ad to see if I wanted to make a run to Best Buy. Guess what? I do not have that option any longer. I really dislike trying to browse through their "Top Deals" tab. Somebody at Best Buy better figure out that it is about making it more inviting for costumers instead of putting them off. 

Re: Weekly Ad: What's Wrong With This Picture?

Me neither. This is what Best Buy fails to understand. The previous topic had responses from Best Buy's forum staff but their canned responses were just that. I respect that Best Buy staff are there to do a job but to sugar coat it as "we have a deals page" is just wrong. I avoid that page like the plague because it's not the same as the advertised price that is displayed in their weekly ad. It feels more like Best Buy is directing customers to the deals page as more of a "how do we generate more traffic to our deals page to get our customers to spend more money". To borrow a phrase: It rings hollow.

The weekly ad gives customers specific items that are on sale and allows us to decide very quickly what we want to buy. It's the same reason why I avoid Amazon's 'deals' page. Now, you have to know what you're searching for, and if you don't, you have to play a guessing game with the Best Buy search function, that doesn't ever work the way it should.

For instance, searching for "4K TV" not only brings up 4K TV's but also displays results for remote controls, peripherals, and Blu-rays. Blu-rays are NOT TV's.

No weekly ad = Best Bye

I realize there is an existing thread (which looks like is now locked), but I'm disappointed that the weekly ad is no longer available. Like others have expressed in that other thread, I really enjoyed Sundays having coffee while browsing the ad. Everything was in one place whcih made things much simpler to browse. This was a source for me on random and unexpected purchases (which have been numerous over the last 10+ years), but since the weekly ad has disappeared my Best Buy visits have become less and less. I don't always have a specific item to purchase, and the power of the ad was to get me to say, "hey, I can use one of those", then mozy on down to the store. Otherwise, If I know there's something I want and I'm in no rush to get it right away, you can guess where I'm going to go to get that free 2-day shipping. Granted I'm a Best Buy Elite+ member and also get fast shipping, that other website that I will not name is just so efficient with online purchases, why would go anywhere else? Well, a weekly ad might still keep me from doing that. As stupid and whiny as my post might sound, which I can give a rat's grass, but truth be told I went to that other website who I still will not name for a $1500 home theater upgrade, which I could have bought at a Best Buy Magnolia store, but I hate to say the lack of an ad made me want to shop elsewhere. Sorry Best Buy, but you're losing my business.

Regular Contributor

Re: No weekly ad = Best Bye