Add Product

Search Results:

Cancelled order

I'm using an e-gift card and I tried to order a digital code for red dead redemption 2 for the PS4 and it got cancelled because it couldn't verify my info. I made sure all my information was put in correctly so I don't know why it got cancelled. 

Emerging Expert

Re: Items had been shipped/delievered to the wrong address

Unfortunaly if it has been shipped to the old address that you had used t is out of Best Buys hands.

Unless the people who received it refused delivery and it was returned to BB.

Your best bet may be to go to your old address and expalain to the people who received it what happend and see if they will give it to you.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Order cancelled multiple times. Attempting to buy digital content with a gift card

[ Edited ]

I have attempted to purchase six times two items and the orders keep getting cancelled. Two hours wasted with support agents that did not seem what to do, including a supervisor. 

- Used three different credit cards

- Used the international address (Houston)

- Sometimes I purchased items for less than the money in the gift card , some other times I intentionally exceeded it so the system would make me use one of the credit cards.

Everything resulted in a failure. 

Case ID: {removed per forum guidelines}

Orders:

{removed per forum guidelines}

The gift card itself is not a problem, for every purchase I see its balace being affected (charge is going through the gift card). As for the verification of data, I do not understand what is there to verify when I am not using any credit card, or when I've followed every possible step given. 

Then the most frustrating case ID: {removed per forum guidelines} (1 h 15m )

Can you please explain why? I redeemed miles for this gift card to buy these items, I am not in the US. So now I have a useless card that I can't use for anything of value to me. 

Can you at least provide a way to exchange this gift card for an amazon card? Cause Amazon works Smiley Wink

Re: Order cancelled multiple times. Attempting to buy digital content with a gift card

[ Edited ]

Mobile {removed per forum guidelines}
Email {removed per forum guidelines}

With all the SPAM out there I'd rather have this fixed than worry about it Smiley Happy

Horrible experience with digital download

I bought a digital copy of h & r block tax software and got an email saying product was ready to download, but when I go to digital library it was empty. Had to call Best Buy 4 times and still never recieved product. Third call was told to call H & R Block. I didn't buy it from them I bought it from Best buy. 

Fourth call, lady was kind of rude and told me last person gave me a code for the software. THEY DID NOT. Finally the lady gave me a code but I had no way to download the software to enter the code.

Had to call H & R block for the second time and they finally emailed me a link to download the software. 

Bestbuys digital department is horrible, I will use amazon from now on for digital downloads.

No way should I have to spend this much time getting software I paid for.

can't log in or reset password

it keep saying 'Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.' for trying with email or text message. please help. 

Highlighted

Poor Service / Deceptive Sales & Customer Service

We purchased a Nintendo Switch and Super Smash Bros game on 12/27/18 from Best Buy.

We were willing to pay a bit more than with other retailers because Best Buy indicated that we would receive both items the next day (on 12/28/18).   We received an email on 12/28/18 that our order had shipped and was provided with a UPS Tracking Number.

We have checked the tracking number several times and the UPS label was created on 12/28/18; but then nothing has happened with the order.  We called UPS and they said that Best Buy has not contacted them to pick up any package.  We contacted Best Buy and the first time they said that the order is ready; but UPS has not picked up the package.  We contacted Best Buy Customer Service on 1/2/19 and they said we would receive the package on 1/3/19.  Best Buy Customer Service said that if we cancelled the order, it would be more than a month before we would see the credit. We checked and Best Buy put the charge through on our credit card back on 12/28/18.  Both times Best Buy Customer Service did not have a clue on the status of our order; but were trained to say be patient and we would receive the items.  The infuriating part is we felt it was not their fault and went along with the fake news that we would have the item soon.

CUSTOMER BEWARE - Best Buy most likely never had the items in stock; but is not honest enough to just tell us the situation.  Instead Best Buy blames UPS for the problem, when it is clear that Best Buy has not contacted UPS to pick up the order and make the delivery.

Other reviews indicate that we are definately not the only customer that has experienced poor service from Best Buy.

In hindsight, we should never have purchased these items through Best Buy.  If we had purchased through either of two other retailers (which we have had good service; but could not deliver before 1/2/19), would have the items in hand and at a lower price, without all the hassles of trying to figure out what is going on with Best Buy.

Now we are stuck without the items and having to wait on Best Buy to get their act together and ship the item.  

Re: Not honoring warranty

Did they ever end up honoring your warranty?  I also recently had an issue with the Best Buy support staff that went very negatively.  Best Buy is not what it used to be.  I will no longer be taken by business there and suggest to everyone else to do the same.

Horrible Best Buy experience

I've been a 25+ year customer of Best Buy. Today will be the last day I ever consider Best Buy as a vendor for anything I ever need. The reason is as follows:

On Black Friday, November 23, 2018, I purchased a Kitchenaid dishwasher from the online store for $1000+.(or at least thought I had) I went through the order process, input my information, selected a delivery date and received my order confirmation.  My delivery date was scheduled for January 4th, 2019.  Yay, all good, right?  Wrong.

So, Jan 4 comes and Jan 4 goes and my wife informs me we have no dishwasher. So, my reactions was "Well, that sucks, I'll call Best Buy".

A little backstory: On November 26th, my credit card company, Discover, calls me and informs me that there is an irregularity with my account and asked me if I attempted to purchase a dishwasher in Minnesota at this time. I don't live in Minnesota so I of course said No. I asked them what the price of the dishwasher was and it was somewhat less than the one I HAD purchased on Black Friday. I told them I HAD recently purchased a dishwasher on the 23rd and they said this was already accounted for. With this information, Discover and I agreed to cancel that credit card and a new one would be shipped.

Fast forward to today. I found out that my order was cancelled by Best Buy for non-payment of funds. I never received a phone call...even though I'm a REWARDS member with my number on file. So, I call Best Buy Customer Service (or what passes for customer service these days). I walk the phone rep through my situation and after a 2-3 minute hold, he informs me that there is nothing he can do... he cannot match the Black Friday Price, but I can buy the same dishwasher for more money. Really Dude?  Thanks.  I can buy something for full price?  Awesome.  So I ask to speak to his manager. He comes back and tells me that his manager told him to tell me there is nothing that Best Buy can do. So I again ask to speak to his manager, Macie D. This time she apparently has enough time to talk to me, you know, THE CUSTOMER. Macie D also informs me there is nothing that can be done.  That is just their policy  I'm not asking for anything crazy... just for Best Buy to honor the Black Friday price.  To be honest -- when I hopped on the phone I didn't think this was going to be a thing.  I was of the understanding that Best Buy was stil in business in 2019 and attempting to compete with every other brick and mortar store AND the companies on that thing, the Internet.  I figured Best Buy doesn't want to be the next Sears.  How very wrong I was.

She goes on to inform me that the issue was on my "banks" end. My "bank" is Discover Credit card...its not like some small credit union card.  Let's go through the process Best Buy used to charge me and how it would look in a world where Identity Theft is a thing.  On the 23rd, Best Buy sent a request through to my credit card company for the full amount of the transaction.  Discover approved this transaction - now Best Buy did not charge me because they don't charge the card until later in the process evidently.  On November 26th, Best Buy realizes that one part in the order is ready to ship, so they charge my card the amount of that order which was like $36 for a dishwasher hookup kit, but also decrements the amount from the initial purchase price, so basically changing the original order from 1000 to $964 and sending a new 'request' through for $964.  Discover doesn't understand what Best Buy is doing... they don't know Best Buys practices, so when the 2nd request for a dishwasher comes through, Discover flags it as an irregularity and calls me to ask me if I just tried to purchase a 2ns dishwasher for a different price on the 26th... to which I of course answer No.  Why would I or anyone else know what Best Buy is doing and we cancel the card on the suspicion of identity theft.

Again, this is a world of Identity Theft and Best Buy attempted to charge my card MULTIPLE times for the same transaction from something that looks to Discover like a Minnesota store location.. a full WEEK after my initial PURCHASE!!!. Macie D informs me that Discover only approved smaller amounts(which is a flat lie - credit card companies are in the business of making money)  and further states Best Buy tried to charge my card multiple times for smaller amounts until the final day November 30, after my card was cancelled when they finally tried to charge me for the dishwasher that would ship. WHAT?  Does that even make sense?  I informed Macie D that this is a bad practice in today's day and age.  Really Best Buy???

She then goes on to tell me that there is nothing Best Buy can do.  They have policies and procedures that they HAVE to follow.  I ask to speak to her supervisor to which she tells me she WILL NOT give me any further contact information or allow me to speak to anyone over her.  She is the FLOOR MANAGER!!!  Whatever that means.  I told her that this is a bad option because, like I said, I'm a longtime customer of Best Buy. Is this the message Best Buy wants to be sending? Its not like I was trying to buy a $10 HDMI cable. This was a purchase for $1000+.

So, in summation, I thought I bought a dishwasher, but I didn't. I did get to go through the joy of having to have a new credit card issued and changing a bunch of online accounts because of suspected Identity theft. And I have an unhappy wife.  I used to be a loyal customer of your company, but now I will trash your company in every media forum I can find and to every person that I speak.  I too have policies and procedures I HAVE to follow.

Re: BEWARE OF SHOPPING THROUGH GOOGLE EXPRESS AND BEST BUY!!!!!!!

Another problem just diuscovered. Return an item to best buy and you get an immediate refund. Buy it thru Google and the minimum is one week to wait for the refund. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for Gogle to hold onto a customers money that long. They are using the money float to make money. The longer they hold onto your money, hte more interest on your money they make? While it may seem small on a per custoimer basis - it it is HUGE when you consider the millions of dollars per day that run thru their hands!