Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

In store pickup delayed?

[ Edited ]

Hello, on August 3rd 2018 i went into my local Best Buy and ordered an EVGA GTX 1080 graphics card because they don't carry the exact model in the store. Model number 08G-P4-6183-KR , sku number 5469103. The customer service rep I delt with was able to price match (removed per forum guidelines) price at the time and I paid for the graphics card with cash. My order was placed for in store pickup. My expected pickup date is / was today, August 9th 2018. I went into the store yesterday just to confirm that my order was still on schedule for today's arrival because I've been checking on it periodically and the status was "stuck" on preparing. The customer service rep assured me that I would be able to pick it up today because it was already on the truck and worst case senario I would be able to pick it up tomorrow morning on Friday. About an hour ago I recieved an email saying that my order has been delayed and that if Best Buy can't fullfill my order by September the 8th then they will cancel my order.

Where is my order???

Honestly, I'm not very pleased with this whole process and if I knew it would've taken so long or if I knew there were going to be problems then I would have just simply ordered the graphics card directly from New Egg, I'm fairly confident that this will be my last online order from Best Buy.

Re: In store pickup delayed?

I just recieved an email saying that my package is ready for pickup, which is great news. If my package had already shipped then I believe that the tracking system should reflect that information and not say that if we can't fullfill your order in a months time then we will cancel your order.

How long after you got the your order delay message did you get your order in ?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It honestly depends on why it was delayed. If it's due to just that store being out I've seen the order fulfilled within the week. If its due to manufacturer delay I've seen some come within 2 weeks and some take up to a month.
I am not a forum moderator nor voice of corporate. One of the corporate moderators will be with you as soon as they can for the official response from Best Buy. The forums work on a first come, first serve basis and it can take a while for a response.