Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Gift card "failed authorization" and "awaiting authorization," canceled order, still no refund

I placed an order on 07/19, paying with mostly gift cards (the remaining amount was processed via Paypal). I received an email about 5 minutes after placing the order that said "Action Required" and when I checked my account, it showed that one card "failed authorization" and the cards input after that one, were marked "awaiting authorization." It doesn't allow you to re-input the gift card amounts, only to charge your credit card for the failed amount.

I tried calling customer support about the issue that evening, but was transferred 3 times and then left on hold for 20+ minutes, so I hung up and decided to cancel the order since gift cards are supposed to be refunded within 30 minutes.

The gift cards on the order that were accepted were refunded promptly and my refund was processed through Paypal with no problems. But the gift cards marked "failed authorization" and "awaiting authorization" were not refunded.

I tried "Chat with an expert" the next day and was told it would be 24 hours. It never happened.

I called Best Buy on 7/22 and spoke with a very helpful customer service rep for 30+ minutes, that couldn't really explain what happened and seemed surprised that a gift card "failed authorization."  I listed the number of every card, we verified the amounts, and she said that she had to forward a request (I don't know to what department) for the amounts to be manually refunded to the cards and that it would be 24 hours.

At the time of this post, it's been over 36 hours and there is still no refund on the cards.

I would like a resolution. I keep being told "24 hours" which so far just means I have to explain this whole problem to a new person. Phone customer service tried to be helpful, but searching google shows that the forum actually gets this problem regularly.  I really thought the problem was fixed after talking with the phone rep, but the balances still show $0.

It seems like someone could: manually refund the cards or give me a new card for the amounts that are missing and cancel the "bad" cards... there has to be something that can be done that doesn't require me to just keep waiting and re-explaining the problem.

Awaiting your reply,

Highlighted

Re: Gift card "failed authorization" and "awaiting authorization," canceled orde

Around noon on July 26, a week after the initial use of the gift cards, the value was back on.  I have no way of knowing if this happened automatically (which would mean it takes at least 7 days to resolve the issue), or if it was done manually after my several attempts at contacting customer service.  

So I hope my post helps to inform anyone else having this problem.

Re: Gift card "failed authorization" and "awaiting authorization," canceled orde

Question is if u try use now again will it wOrk