Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Complaint regarding restocking fee

[ Edited ]

Hi Agent,
I recently purchased an item from best.com, I didn’t see any restocking fee while placing the order. May be since my previous address was from Colorado, I recently moved to North Carolina. I would like to return an order #{Removed per forum guidelines}
Product Returns fee
Cell phones (exclude prepaid phones), cellular tablets and cellular wearables $45
Drones, DSLR cameras and lenses, mirrorless cameras and lenses, leg and body recovery systems, premium camcorders, projectors, projector screens, and special-order products 15% of item purchase price
There is no restocking fee if the product is unopened or if the purchase and the return both occur within: AL, CO, HI, IA, MS, OH, OK, SC and where prohibited by law. The restocking fee will be taxed in select states
I went to the store to return this they want me to pay restocking fee of $60 and advised me to  call customer service to get it waived. I called customer service to get it resolved they are saying it’s on their policy and I won’t get restocking fee back. Spent more than one hour on call and drove 30 min to store still not resolved. Moreover they were Harsh especially Mr.Jack G he said he is the supervisor and I am very disappointed by the service.
Could you please help me in waiving the restocking fee and returning the item.
Thanks

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Complaint regarding restocking fee

What is the item? Was it opened?
Highlighted

Yes it is camera opened to check the quality of the image.
Highlighted

I didn’t see any restocking at the time of order placed.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Ultimately it would be up to the store manager, but sence they wont be able to resell it as new sence it's been opened, I'm guessing the restocking fee would still apply
Highlighted

I bought it online, they asked me to call customer service. Could you please read my post again.
Highlighted

Did you understand what my question is ? There was no stocking fee at the time of order placed may be since my account was from Colorado earlier
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I did read it. Tye only reason the restocking fee is there on cameras is because people buy them, "try them" and return them more then any other item. Which costs the retailer (Best Buy) money. The restocking fee helps to recoupe that loss. So in states where it is legal it is charged. In my opinion, you opened it, you pay the fee, whether you read the disclaimer or not.

Again.. it us 100% up to the store manager... you could always return it back to.bestbuy.com with the return tag in the box and see if they charge you a fee.
Highlighted

I said there was no disclaimer
Highlighted

I bought it online and went to store manager, he will charge and suggested me to call customer service to it waived.