Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Why is this so difficult?

My husband and I have been so excited to purchase our new television.  We decided which one and I made the trip to Jackson on Sunday to make the purchase.  Everything went great!  Customer service in the store was wonderful and I couldn't wait to get my tv home!  We didn't have time to mount the bracket and put the tv up on Sunday night so we did it Monday when we got home from work.  It took us about 3 hours between the mounting bracket, the tv, the break for dinner, and the kids running around during installation.  We finally got it up, plugged it in, and I hit the power button on the remote...nothing.  There was a light on in the bottom right hand corner but that was it.  The tv never actually turned on.  I changed the batteries in the remote.  Still nothing.  I tried the power button on the tv.  Nothing.  Now I'm mad.  Frustrated.  Exhausted.  I called Toshiba (we purchased the 55" Toshiba Fire Edition TV) and was on hold for about 20 minutes.  When I finally go through, we did some trouble-shooting and he finally told me that the motherboard was bad and I'd need to exchange the tv.  The tv is defective.  BUT, they transferred me to Best Buy and said they might be able to ship me out a new one.  I waited on hold for 35 minutes only to find out that there was nothing they could do for me because I didn't order the tv online.  So they told me to call the store I purchased it at.  I did and got re-routed to another hub location.  I was on hold again for about 25 minutes and once I got through to someone, they transferred me to the customer service person at the actual store I purchased the tv at.  He said to call his Geek Squad and they would take care of it for me by bringing me a new one and picking up the defective one.  GREAT!  I call the store to get to the Geed Squad and was told it would be about a 3 minute hold time.  31 minutes later, I got through to someone at another hub, not the store I needed.  They looked up my receipt and told me they couldn't help me.  They needed an order number in order to schedule anything and I don't have an order number because I went into the store to purchase the item.  They told me to call the store Geek Squad and maybe they can help me.  They are closed by now.  Fast forward to today.  I was on hold for another 15 minutes and I finally got through at my last prep time of the day (I'm a teacher) only to find out again that they can't help me.  They aren't allowed to schedule anything for delivery over the phone.  I asked for a manager.  He's busy.  They took my number and said he'd call me back.  The same Geek Squad person called me back about 2 1/2 hours later to tell me that the manager was still busy but that they can't help me because I'm out of their delivery zone.  Sweet baby Jesus.  I drove about 45 minutes to get to this store to purchase this tv.  This is the closest Best Buy to me.  I wanted to go in and look and purchase the right tv.  I was sold a defective tv and now I'm being told I have to drive all the way back to exchange it.  This entire process is exhausting.  My husband is so frustrated he wants me to bring the tv back and return it, never to purchase anything from Best Buy again.  I don't understand why you advertise that you will gladly drive to do exhanges when I'm getting every excuse in the book as to why nobody can help me.  I have 2 children and my husband works until later into the evening.  By the time I load the kids up, get them to the store, make the exchange, and get back home it will be past bedtime.  Not only that but I have to feed them and bath them before bed.  And besides all of that, the tv won't fit in my vehicle with the kids in it.  Ugh...  This has been beyond frustrating and I've wasted far too much time on this to even be worth it.  I don't know who else to turn to to try to get help with this.  That's how I found this forum.  Please help.

Highlighted

Re: Why is this so difficult?

I feel for you. Inbought the 50" Toshiba Sunday, returned it today Wednesday.

Probl am I had was everything was fuzzy or blurry. I called the help center also, the girlmtold me to unplug it for 2 mins, see if that helps. Long story short, it didn't. Other than that she had no idea, suggested I return it, which I did. Luckily I pass the best buy on the way home from work.

Same deal on the wait time on the phone. When I called they offered the option to wait forvthe next available rep or they would call me back when my turn was up. They said estimated wait time was 4 mins. That 4 mins turned into 34 mins, then no help anyway. Like you say frustrating.

I must say the store experience was exceptional though. From buying it to returning it. I was very impressed by the customer service at this location.

Good luck with your tv

Highlighted
Contributor

You’ve pointed out an exchange isn’t going to be easy due to the hassle of having to work around the schedule you need to keep for your kids. My suggestion then would be to schedule for a repair through Geek Squad on the television. They can come out and repair the television. If you want a replacement tv, unfortunately you may have to figure out a way to bring it back to the store.
Highlighted

The Geek Squad told me we live outside of their range. If they won’t drive out here to deliver another tv and take this one back, why would they drive out here to fix this one?
Highlighted
Contributor

Okay. Then your option remains to bring it to the store.
Highlighted

I just took it back this evening and the customer service was terrible.  I will NEVER be stepping foot into another Best Buy as long as I live.  End of story.

Highlighted
Contributor

What happened?
Highlighted

They didn’t do anything for me. Nothing. They exchanged it for another tv. Like it was any other regular old transaction. I didn’t want the same tv because of the issue so all I asked was for some kind of a discount for my troubles on another brand. Nope. Nothing. And I worked in customer service for years as a manager so I wasn’t rude or anything initially because I know it’s not that persons fault. I get it. But at least attempt to make it right! There’s always something you can do. But nope. Not one thing was offered to me. Just a regular exchange at the current sale price of whatever other tv I wanted. No deal. No extra discount. No gift card for my troubles. NOTHING.
Highlighted

Why didn't you just get your money back and go purchase a tv at a different place? I mean, if you were that upset I'm surprised you just exchanged it. Hope it all works out in the end for you and your family.

Highlighted

Because I don’t have time to go tv shopping. That’s part of the problem. If I had time, it wouldn’t be as much of a big deal and I wouldn’t have given them any more of my business but I was there and just wanted to get a tv home and be done with it.