Add Product

Search Results:

BEST BUY & CITI BANK VISA BAIT & HOOK SCAM

This month, I decide to buy another TV, I sign up for the BestBuy Visa card and get approved, I go to the Irvine Lake Forest store for my purchase.

The TV I decide to purchase was $6,000, I tell the Associate $4,000 on my Best Buy Visa card whch was the Card limit, and I'll pay the balance on another card. On the purchase, I choose 24 months interest free, the gimmick is if the balance is not paid with in 24 months interest is charged back to the date of purchase on the full $6,000, regard gardless of the balance at the end of 24 months.

The purchase: The Associate charges $4,800 to my Best Buy Visa after I told him $4000, but it goes thru anyway so I figure no issue, then the balance on another card, after a few days I go back to Best Buy to address the issue which was not worked out.

In the mean time I receive a report from credit check company that Citibank has filed a negative over limit charge on my credit.

Now I receive my Best Buy monthly statement, and my first MINIMUM payment due is $848 DOLLARS, now I don't have to pay that, but if I don't the intertest accrued in two years on top of the interest on $6,000 if the balance is not paid in 2 years wil be considerable.

The thing is, Citi Bank Is a Bank, and they BANK on the fact that that a lot of people won't pay their balances off in the 2 years, because if they did Citi Bank couldn't make any money.

I will be making a complaint against the Associate, not that that it will do any good, he's following company policy.

It's said Associates don't make commission on their sales, SO EVERY KNOWS, they acrew Blue Bucks from their sales that are paid in Bonus's on their Checks. How much more they get for over charging credit cards, I have no idea, but to delibertly charge a credit card $4,800 after he was told $4,000 was not a mistake regardless what the company is going to say after they read this.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BEST BUY & CITI BANK VISA BAIT & HOOK SCAM

The employee made a mistake... and for some reason you assume it's a conspiracy???

Why not use the card you were originally going to pay the extra $800 with to pay the Citibank card? Wouldn't it work out the same?
Emerging Expert

Actually that is not what bait and switch is.

The terms of the credit card and the 24 month financing are in the disclaimer, which you accepted.

The charge on your card you would also have had to approve at the register.  And by your admission you accepted the attempt at $4800.

The $848 would have been the overage and the minimum payment

No interest if paid in full within

So if you purchase something on January 1, 2019 and you have 24 months from the date of purchase if it is paid off on December 31, 2020 you are in the clear.  If it is paid off on January 1, 2021 it is then 24 months and 1 day.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

"The employee made a mistake..."

I don't remember you being there, to hear what was exactly said, done & why.

And as to a conspiracy, which is your assumption, I am just reporting what I believe are un-ethical business practices.

"Why not use the card you were originally going to pay the extra $800 with to pay the Citibank card? Wouldn't it work out the same?"

Thank you for the wonderfull idea, and it would be the same except for the negative report on my credit, so then

it's not the same.

"Actually that is not what bait and switch is."  I am glad you were able to figure out that bait and switch is not the same as bait & hook, thank you for your help. Keep up the post count.

Contributor

Best Buy doesn’t handle the credit cards. If you have a concern regarding the card, it’s best to call Citi.

A moderator will be by soon to tell you the official response however.

Thank you for your help, but do you even have a

Thank you so much for your help, but do you even have a best buy credit card ? Well I do and I applied for it @ Best Buy not Citi Bank, and my account payments are made to Best Buy Credit Services. 

Valued Contributor

Ya, Best Buy Credit Services is still Citibank
Contributor

Not that it matters but yes, I do have the card. I am not sure what authority to speak it brings me though.