Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 228
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 202

Don't take your microwave for granted!

Our microwave died this past week - it will power on, but won't click over to the cooking function.  It's pretty old so I guess we're lucky it's lasted this long, but as I am sitting here waiting for my beef roast & mashed potatoes to heat up in our oven, I'm thinking we'll be needing a new one before it's time to heat up our Thanksgiving dinner leftovers!

~Elizabeth

Community Supervisor

Best Buy® Corporate
Elizabeth|Social Media Supervisor|Best Buy® Corporate
Recognized Member

Re: Don't take your microwave for granted!

You probably had replaced your microwave by now, just for the info, when microwaves does that, try to unplug it for couple of minutes to reset, then plug it back and retry, if it doesn't do the trick , most likely its the magnetron, typical life of a magnetron tube is approximately 2000 hours of operation. Some factors that can diminish the life of a magnetron like, no-load operation, operating with too much metal in the cooking cavity, line voltage consistently too low or too high, etc.

It's gonna die anyway, sooner or later.

Topics: 228
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 202

Re: Don't take your microwave for granted!

Thanks inutel!  Yeah, this microwave had been through a lot, including being stored in the trunk of a car for a year.  Smiley Happy  We also have very little counterspace & this was a 1.6 cu. ft unit so it was a considerable giant.  We think we may have shorted something having it so close to our kitchen sink.  Anyhow, we got a new one for Christmas!  And let me tell ya, it sure does make life easier!  Smiley Happy

~Elizabeth

Community Supervisor

Best Buy Corporate

Elizabeth|Social Media Supervisor|Best Buy® Corporate