Add Product

Search Results:

Matty21
Accepted Solution

tv has no optical input, hooking up a Samsung sound bar

I just purchased a Samsung HWC 450 sound bar.  I bought an optical cable, came home to find out my tv does not have an optical input.  So i know my tv is not the top of the line, but what are my options, or do i need to do something else? 

Please use plain text.
dc2587

Re: tv has no optical input, hooking up a Samsung sound bar

What model TV do you have? I can certainly help you.

Best Buy Home Theater Expert
Best Buy #531
Portland, ME
Please use plain text.
Matty21

I have an Emerson 42" lcd HDTV.  Like i said i know its a cheaper tv, but it does the job and is performing well for me.  Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 605
Kudos: 529
Solutions: 308

It does look like the soundbar has a 1/8th inch plug input, and almost all newer TV's have that as an audio output option(or RCA>1/8th). That might be your best option.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.