Add Product

Search Results:

nitehaze14
Accepted Solution

Sony TV and Samsung blue-ray player connection

I bought a new Samsung blue-ray player BD-P1600. I have a Sony Bravada LCD-TV model # KDL-46V2500. Here is the problem that I am having. I have the player hooked up to the TV with HDMI into the HDMI connection on the back of the TV. My TV has 2 HDMI connections on the back. The first connectiion has the audio L&R next to it. Our satellite is connected to this. The other connection point is the one we were plugging the br player into. When we plug it into this connection we get no picture/sound from the player. If we unconnect the satellite and plug the player into that connection the player works. The player works if we plug it in with componnent cables. I don't know if this matter but when we cycle through the inputs on the TV remote or the satellite remote the br player does not imput on the screen.  The only thing that show up it DVD, VCR and the satellite box. Is the blue-ray player supposed to show up if it is getting a signal from the player through HDMI. Also, the HDMI cable is new. Could it be the cable? Should I try a different one? Should I try another blue-ray player?

Or is the connection on the back of the TV defective. What do you suggest that I do next?

Thank you for any insites,

Sue

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ABomb

Re: Sony TV and Samsung blue-ray player connection

I would first suggest trying on a diff tv with the same hdmi cable. if it works then the problem is the tv connection. if it doesnt, i would try it with a different cable. If it works then the cable is the problem. if it doesnt work with either, its the problem of the connection on the blu ray player.

Anything i say is not a direct response from Best Buy or Geek Squad. I just post on here to add my insight.
Please use plain text.
Valued Member
EricDJ

Sounds like you have disabled the 2nd hdmi input if they do not appear in the list. Sony TV's let you disable inputs so they will not appear in the list when switching.

I am not in front of a Sony TV so I can't recall offhand what the setting in the menu is.

Best Buy employee, 15 years selling electronics
Please use plain text.
nitehaze14

Thank you very much. My son and I, with your help figured it out.  You were right the imput was apparently not activated. We were reading and rereading the manuals for the BD and the TV but somehow missed the pages pertaining to the imputs and what went where. I was about to take the player back.

I was wondering about said player (Samsung BD-1600) when I went back to Best Buys to talk to the salesman about the problem I was having with the BD and the TV he said to bring it back. He said the store had just told them that day that this BD player was mass produced and they were having problems with it. This was the day after Chirstmas so I don't know if he said that because they were busy and that was a quick solution to my problem. I had looked at the comments on the website from people who have bought this product and no one complained about it. In fact everyone had high ratings for this unit. Any comments about this units performance?

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Sue

b

Please use plain text.
nitehaze14

Thank you for your insite. People are so helpful when you ask for help. I'm so glad you took the time to try to help me with my problem.

Sincerely,

Sue

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
paulmohr

I have the 1600 and it seems to work fairly well. Its pretty picky on what dvd players it will play though. They have to be in near perfect condition or it doesn't want to read them. Mine also needed the firmware updated right of the box. Once I updated it I had Blockbuster, Netflix, Pandora and YouTube options for streaming.

The one thing mine does that is irritatng is while streaming netflix sometimes I lose the video when the movie loads, or if I fast forward. If I turn it off and back on again it works. I have no clue why it does this, but its only with the streaming, it plays dvds and blu rays just fine.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
paulmohr

Oh and I don't think the 1600 is a newer model either, I got mine open box before christmas. I think the 3600 is the newest model I could be wrong though.

Please use plain text.