Add Product

Search Results:

riccardi

Samsung Smart TV - Logitech Wireless Keyboard

Can you use a Logitech Wireless Keyboard with USB Receiver Plug, to type during the Smart function of a Smart TV?

Please use plain text.
Kevin-GS
Topics: 11
Kudos: 11
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 22

Re: Samsung Smart TV - Logitech Wireless Keyboard

Welcome to the forums Riccardi!

As far as I know, Samsung Smart TV’s don’t currently have support for third party keyboards. This is due to the software onboard not having the correct drivers needed to process that information. Generally speaking, you would either need to purchase the Samsung Remote with the keyboard that was designed for your TV; or you can use a learning universal remote (like the Logitech Harmony 1100) to give similar functionality of a keyboard.

What model is the TV your inquiring about? 

Agent Kevin|Retired Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate

While I'm a current employee of Best Buy, my views, opinions, and advice do not reflect those of Best Buy or its affiliates.
Please use plain text.
Valued Member
Dimestore55

The Logitech K400 works 

Please use plain text.
NickJ_86

Dimestore55,

I have used the Logitech k400 as well with success, AND the Apple Wireless Keyboard (the TV screen prompted entry of a specific PIN which linked the keyboard just fine).  I'm pretty sure that subsequent firmware updates after the original manufacture took care of any incompatibility issues with 3rd party keyboards.

Cheers to you and the OP!

Please use plain text.
Valued Member
Jaxle67

I use the logitech k400 and it works well. The only complaint i have is how finicky the trackpad is. you move the cursor and before you know it you have clicked on something you didnt want. Logitech makes a smaller keyboard with a trackball in which you roll the ball to move the cursor and push the ball down to make your selection. I think i might give that a try . you can also use the bluetooth keyboards as well.         Jesse

Please use plain text.
StevenReinders

I recently purchased the Samsung 55 inch 6500 series Smart TV with the expectation that it would be keyboard compatible. I purchased the Logitech K 400r keyboard. It worked to maneuver around the Smart Hub but would not work once inside an application such as Netflix. I spoke with Samsung about this and they did not have a clue so was going to purchase the Samsung keyboard, but saw a negative review that the same problem happened with that keyboard as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks a bunch

Steve

Please use plain text.
Valued Member
Jaxle67

Mine will also not work with Netflix as well. You tube is another. I don't believe this is a keyboard issue as my father in law has the Samsung keyboard and also will not work with with these apps. It its a matter of the apps themselves not supporting the use of a keyboard. Possibly with future updates they will add support the use of the keyboards which will make the use of the apps much more enjoyable Jesse
Please use plain text.
StevenReinders

Thanks a lot for your response.  Definitely having second thoughts about ordering the Samsung keyboard if it won't be any better than the Logitech. Actually thinking about returning the TV as I hate using the remote control for keying letters. Currently I use the Logitech Revue on my LG , which has a great keyboard compatible with all apps, but they don't make those anymore. With that system you can turn any TV into a smart TV with a keyboard. Hopefully in the future, the smart TV manufacturers will realize that people want keyboards rather then messing with the remotes. You can have the smartest smart TVs, but it still slow and inconvenient to use.

Thanks again!

Steve

Please use plain text.
alantran

I have used the Logitech k400, It worked
digitalhotdeal.com
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
rwillen

StevenReinders wrote:

Thanks a lot for your response.  Definitely having second thoughts about ordering the Samsung keyboard if it won't be any better than the Logitech. Actually thinking about returning the TV as I hate using the remote control for keying letters. Currently I use the Logitech Revue on my LG , which has a great keyboard compatible with all apps, but they don't make those anymore. With that system you can turn any TV into a smart TV with a keyboard. Hopefully in the future, the smart TV manufacturers will realize that people want keyboards rather then messing with the remotes. You can have the smartest smart TVs, but it still slow and inconvenient to use.

Thanks again!

Steve

I just use the Panasonic Android app.

Please use plain text.