Add Product

Search Results:

mikeyman77

Samsung Plasma color snow

I bought a samsung pn50b450 plasma tv back in feb of this year.  Recently I have noticed that when vivid colors come on the screen like bright blue or green you can see red snow in certain parts of the screen, like flickering pixels.  It happens with different colors, like if its a bright red it will do the same thing but it will be blue pixels.  I have tried turning down the brightness and contrast, it does not help.  I do have a geek squad warrenty on it.  It was purchased as an openbox, I dont know if that maybe why?  Also the tv will retain previous images like I have dish network and I will bring up the menu for about 10 seconds, and I click it out of the menu, you can still see the menu on the screen while the live tv is going.  Any help? 

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
consagra

Re: Samsung Plasma color snow

I have a Samsung plasma 42B450 and have not experienced any of those issues (color or retention problems).  I've left things on the screen for several minutes and have never seen any kind of retention.  The colors are perfect without any kind of issue you're describing.  The only thing I can think of with the colors could be if you're only seeing it happen during very fast moving scenes where you get some pixellation because of the compression in the signal.  Happens with fast moving scenes and also with scenes that have a lot of flashing.  What you're describing doesn't really sound like that though.  I agree that this is not normal and to have it checked out.  You could also contact Samsung directly if you prefer since you're within the first year.  I had a problem with a few pixels being stuck intermittently and they simply replaced the panel even though it wasn't happening when the tech was here to see it (contractor).  I was very impressed by their service.  New panel is perfect.  Going through Geek Squad works too.  Best of luck.

Please use plain text.
jreed

I am experiencing the same problem with red snow.  It is on channels that have vivid colors like you say as well as when I am playing my Wii.  That is when I notice it the most.  Have you found any remedy?  In some research I have done I have foudn people saying that there are some voltages that need adjusted in the TV by a tech. 

Please use plain text.
billshoff

The red confetti or snow is caused by a voltage problem in many Samsung Plasma TVs but you probably don't need a technician to fix it; you can fix it yourself with a software update from Samsung. Go to www.samsung.com and find your tv (you'll need the model number). It the Support section you'll find a software update that will fix the red confetti problem.

You'll need a usb thumb drive to down load the firmware to. Double click the firmware to un-zip it, then plug the USB drive into the usb slot on your tv. Turn the tv on.  Using the tv's remote, find the Menu button and scroll to Software. Select Update and allow the info on the usb thumb drive to update your tv's firmware.

Complete directions are on Samsungs web site and you'll find them to be easy to follow. Just make sure that you get the update for your tv's model number, otherwise you might make the problem worse. Good luck!

Please use plain text.