Add Product

Search Results:

TC-P50G20

Re: Samsung DLP White dots on screen

Seems to be an issue with many of these Samsung DLP's. Good news for those owning one of these models with these "White Dots". In a forum listed on CNET under the title "Samsung: ANNOUNCEMENT: DLP White Dot Issues = SUCCESS" http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=366380. A member, (who happens to also be a HD Tech Representative for Samsung) got the ball rolling with Samsung to have this problem repaired by Samsung, regardless to whether the TV was still under warranty or not! Check it out, hope this info may help to resolve your White-Dot inflicted Samsung.
Please use plain text.
TC-P50G20

Sorry, here is a updated link to the above mentioned CNET forum. http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?messageID=3162774&tag=forums06;posts#3162774.
Please use plain text.
rockytop

I would just say that my TV was manufactured in 2006.  I had the whte dots everywhere !!  I called 1-800-SAMSUNG, and they took care of everything absolutely free of charge.

Please use plain text.
rew4946

about eight months ago I called Samsung about the white dot thing. The TV had this problem for a while and we just quit using it because it was out of warranty. I read online many things about it so I called them and asked if I should just throw it in the garbage. SHe offered to repair it free out of warranty. SOmeone called me one day later to pick it up. Five more days latter it was returned repaired free of charge. I normally call and yell and scream about them but this time I was a nice guy. Hey its fixed even though we don't use it anymore but it work. Replaced it when we saw the white dots with a lcd and replaced the dlp Mitsubishi with a lcd. Them DLPs were not a very wise investment for us but we still have one that works.

Please use plain text.
new23d

I have a Samsug 50' DLP also had the same problem, Repairman told me it is the lightboard, or something like that going bad, He told me they could replace it

Please use plain text.
rew4946

Call samsung and be nice, mine was well out of warranty also and the sent someone to my house and it was repaired for free. Tell them you have been reading about this problem that everyone seems to have with these DLP Samsungs. Remember, be nice and they will take care of you. I am generally a person that chews out companies but if it will be fixed for free you need to be nice. CALL SAMSUNG AND DONT TELL THEM WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED, Tell them about the white dots and not your repairman's saying whats wrong. Try it for it was a free repair by there repair man not mine within a few days.

Please use plain text.
AugustG

Same here,

Got almost 300 white pixels on my 55" SAMSUNG DLP.  Not four years old yet. 

If you have white pixels, photograph a screen that best illustrates the pixels and post it on Facebook at SAMSUNG Pixel of death.

Right now mine is the only pic, but I got a great shot of Richard Pryor with black screen left and right of his head - you can see the many white pixels left and right of Mr Pryor.

Post your best shot.

Pass this on.

August

Please use plain text.
AugustG

Did all that you said, and spend a lot of time on phone and live chat with SAMSUNG.   So far no acknowlegement that this problem exists widespread.   Only recommendation that I contact a SAMSUNG service rep.  The documentation says that I will have to pay for all service - have no idea what this will cost yet.

Please use plain text.
AugustG

SAMSUNG 55" DLP here.  Same problem.

If you television still shows the pixels post a pic of your television screen at Facebook page "samsung pixel of death"

Right now mine is the only pic - of Richard Pryor - you can see over 200 white pixels left and right of Mr Pryor.

August

Please use plain text.
AugustG

Hope to have the same luck as you.

Right now SAMSUNG has not admitted that they have this problem with DLP.

Mine is 55" cost $1900 less than four years ago.  It was purchased at Best Buy in Atlanta.

Again, hope to have the same luck as you.

August

Please use plain text.