Add Product

Search Results:

butler8196
Accepted Solution

Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player will not play Blu-ray DVD's.

One year ago this month, I bought a Samsung BD-C6500XAA blu-ray player. It worked fine but now the last 4 BD DVD's I've received from Netflix will not play. Looking into the issue further, older BD's used 2 formats; MPEG2 and .M2TS. The player will play .MPEG2 but now the only format received on the last 4 Netflix movies is .M2TS. I called Samsung and they said that Samsung will not anytime soon support .M2TS formats because this is a propritory format and it would cost them money to use.

Talking to Netflix, they indicated that they receive them from the Movie provider so I guess that leaves me out in the cold w/o a means to play those movies.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Re: Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player will not play Blu-ray DVD's.

You really do not have many options.  If Samsung is not going to offer a firmware upgrade to support the newer codec, then you won't be able to play any discs using that codec.

You have other options to convert and save, but they are all highly illegal.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
butler8196

Yes BadDog that's exactly the options I've considered. I can upload the .m2ts files to my PC, change the format to .WMV and use my Xbox and Windows Media Center to play the movies but that's way to cumbersome and like you said, illegal.

Surely I am not the only Samsung user with this issue? I will contact BestBuy but I'm sure they will not be responsive to any considerations.

I can guarantee that this will be the last Samsung product I will buy.    

Thanks for the info,

Steve

Please use plain text.
mstng87gt
Topics: 61
Kudos: 67
Solutions: 33

I have an older Samsung player bdp1500 (this is from 2009) and a newer 3D model 6500 that plays everything I put in them.  I have not checked to see what format they are in but I also do not rent them from Netflix but I have rented Blurays from REDBOX without an issue.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
AgentM

Firmware update download for you model can be found here:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/bluray-players/BD-C6500/XAA
It may resolve your issue.
-Agent M
www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon
www.twitter.com/geeksquadrecon
Please use plain text.
butler8196

AgentM,

Amazing, the sqweeky will always gets the grease. That release was dated Nov 14, 2011 and that was the ticket. It works like a charme. Tried a couple of BD's defined with .m2ts format only and they work Great!!!

Thank you Samsung and whom ever at Samsung for making my wife happy.

Steve 

Please use plain text.